1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Could this be the start of a Prius minivan?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by finiyon, Jun 21, 2008.

1. finiyon

finiyon Re-Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I found these on the Toyota Japan page under "Toyota Design". It does not have the same outline an any other models that I could find. It does have the wonderful mini-window up front. Could it be a Prius brother in the form of a minivan?

Here is the link: TOYOTA DESIGN

Attached Files:

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    cool findings.. it does look similar to the prius.. with the small roller wheels and the window profiles ;) hehe

the inside is definitely not prius or future prius though.. no MFD.. huge gear shifter design... *shrug*

3. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  4. sorthund

sorthund New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I look forward to more hybrid choices for all kinds of needs and families - we need that!

Toyota Hybrid Minivans

5. stevecaz

stevecaz New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I really want a great hybrid drive system in the Mazda 5. That platform with Lion batteries seems perfect.

6. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Estima is much bigger than this vehicle, in Australia it is a Tarago although I believe the Tarago is 100mm wider.
    [​IMG]

This is an excellent find, however I think it might be Corolla or Yaris Wagon. Maybe something they will never make too. We shall wait and see, nice tease Toyota.

7. ibcs

ibcs New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    A minivan in the US would be a huge success. The only problem is they can't keep up with the battery production now. This would only add to the problem until they get the battery production problem solved.

I'd gladly give up the Yukon for a minivan from Toyota. Right now, we only drive the Prius.

8. McDonald

McDonald New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I would love to see the Prius design, just at a bigger size. Personally I don't need a bigger size except that I would like something designed for towing (I'm trying it soon on my Prius). I'm not a huge fan of how the traditional mini van looks, but I like the way the first picture of the frame looks.

9. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    :pgee those little tires might be just a bit larger than stock! I wonder if they are LRR?:p