1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Could you recommend a repair shop in western Washington?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by sethbrothers, Oct 26, 2007.

1. sethbrothers

sethbrothers New Member

I will need one. For the love of all that is good and clean and bright in this world, has anyone had two or more good experiences in a repair shop?

I am willing to pay a reward for the recommendation that leads to just one successful repair, maintenance or special service campaign experience. I am willing to pay more to maintain my cars. I am willing to rent or borrow a trailer and haul my cars up to 500 miles when they need work.

I am desperate, and I’ll tell you why: I have never, in twelve years and 350,000 miles of car ownership, had my car returned to me by a mechanic or dealer service representative in working order, with the requested service done, and with no additional damage.

The lot attendant scratched my new baby, a 2008 Prius. They rubbed out or painted over the scratches on the bumper, fender, and hatchback, but didn’t fix the scratches on the door and roof!

Last year, another dealer replaced my Tacoma’s struts. They returned the truck without aligning the wheels. Next they lied about the alignment, then changed the steering wheel position without properly aligning the wheels. I took the truck to a Les Schwab, where they almost but not quite aligned the poor gas hog.

I gave up on oil changes a long time ago. I don’t want to, but I will continue to do my own oil changes, etc until someone can tell me where else to go.

So, have any of you been to a shop you’d go to again? I really don’t want to put a lift in my little garage…..
    :(

2. philjonescrs

philjonescrs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Don't know if you ever got an answer for this. The shop you want is Japanese Auto Care in Lynnwood. Speak to Jay. Japanese Auto Care Inc Reviews
    Tell him Phil and Ursel Jones sent you. We have been using him for my 2 Lexus LS-400's and our Subarus for 9 years. Honest, reliable, easy to work with and about 1/2 the cost (or less) of dealer cost. Refuses to take money for small things -- like labor to change a headlight, taillight, etc. Had a battery BLOW UP in my LS 400, had it towed to Jay. He charged me (ready for this???) $10.00 plus the cost of the battery. I can only IMAGINE what the diagnosis and charges would have been had I taken it to a Lexus dealer!!!