1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Couldn't wait..... found one available

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tcrwfrd50, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Tcrwfrd50

Tcrwfrd50 New Member

WEll, I have been on a list for a mag grey pkg #6 for about a month. Salesperson was not to responsive to my inquiries which led me to believe I would be waiting awhile. I found out Tues. that my special rate discount at the CU was to expire at end of month (would save ~$1500 by getting it with this rate). Got on some dealer sites and found a few pkg 6's including a mag gray avail. Of course by the time I called the Dealer the only one left was a red #6. Decided not to be picky, called up and told them I would take it. Picked it up yesterday. Easiest sale of that salesmans career. In and out in 20 mins.
    Had a 30 mile ride home from the dealer and drove around quite a bit back home (showing it off). I am so far thouroughly impressed with this car. Was getting giddy just thinking about the gas I'll save over my '04 Explorer. This car is a gadget lovers dream. Now to learn how to work everything.

I guess the notion of making a call to a dealer and buying sight unseen is scarry, but with all the info I gathered on this site it was very comfortable and rewarding.

Tim

2. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tcrwfrd50 @ Jun 1 2006, 06:20 AM) [snapback]263975[/snapback]</div>
    That's exactly what I did. I wanted a blue #6. Found a Metallic Tan or White #6, and grabbed the white one. I registered on carsdirect.com, and had the car the same day. When you're driving you can't see what color it is. (You can't even see the hood!) I thank sites like PC for all the info, making a sight unseen purchase possible. I never even drove one till "my" car's test drive. Waiting is OK for some, but having it now is better. B)

3. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

w00t! Way to go, Tim!

Just don't wash it for a year or so, and it may end up looking more like magnetic gray.

You now have the unanticipated opportunity to be a de facto member of our Wild and Crazy Barcelona Prius Guys. Learn the handshake and the password. :)

4. kosmikchic

kosmikchic New Member

We pretty much did the same as well. got on a waiting list on Saturday.... got antsy on Monday..... checked out craigslist Tuesday early morning and spotted the first ad listed from a dealer for a package 8 (color didn't matter at this point)....... went to dealer after work and signed my life away :p

We didn't really start off with a color preferrence so we were flexible to begin with. We now have a Classic Silver Metallic 06 and super happy about it and enjoying every minute of it!

we must have lasted on that waiting list for 4 days most ..... i truelly feel for those who are lists for months.... i hope you all get that call you've been waiting for soon. :)