1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coupe Version

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by smbrm, Feb 20, 2009.

1. smbrm

smbrm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I haven't seen any more rumours about a coupe version of the Prius. Perhaps the prospect of the CRZ will drive some? I suspect that they are currently too wrapped up in speeding the new version to market, amongst other things??

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I think right now, with auto sales being the way they are, the last thing on their mind might be to try and introduce yet another model into its lineup... And don't coupe sales sell in much less numbers than sedans do? It just seems like a smarter busniess decision to get the new one out into the market and focus on that for now. But I'm sure it could still be a possibility sometime in the future.

3. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Just found an article that mentions Honda said in its press release, that it will bring the new CR-Z-based hybrid to production by 2010, "in the effort to achieve full-scale market penetration of hybrid vehicles."

So who knows now, maybe with Honda having a hybrid coupe on the market Toyota will try and follow suit...

Here's the link for the article: http://rumors.automobilemag.com/645...-brings-cr-z-to-production-by-2010/index.html

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Does a hybrid coupe contain hybrid chickens?

Tom

5. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't be silly, that would be practical!

6. johnford

johnford Old Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm still waiting on the convertable.... jf