1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cover Clips in Trunk?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bheller, Jun 11, 2006.

1. bheller

bheller Junior Member

Hi all,
    I'm new, just starting to try and do some small stuff myself to start to keep dealer repair costs under control (while I'm generally happy with my 2002 Prius, it has not been totally trouble-free).

How does one remove the cover clips on the upper side of the trunk? I need to access the back of the licesne plate to drill out some rusted screws. These clips look different than the ones on the bottom of the trunk and I can't quite figure out how they work.

Thanks,
    Brian

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi and welcome to PriusChat!

Hmm, the owner's manual should give some insight. I don't recall any clips on the Camry so I'm not quite sure how they look like.

3. bheller

bheller Junior Member

Yeah, unfortunately all the manual says is to remove them, no clues as to how.

Anyone?

Thanks,
    Brian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brian Heller @ Jun 11 2006, 02:39 PM) [snapback]269606[/snapback]</div>

4. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brian Heller @ Jun 11 2006, 04:27 PM) [snapback]269696[/snapback]</div>
    stick a flat blade screw driver in the little slot (right thru it) and pop them out. Or you can spend some money and buy a panel removeal tool to pop them out. It takes a bit of effort but they just pop out. Forget unscrewing them you'll be there for ever.