1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Covering up the rear wheel wells?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by BoHenriksson, Mar 31, 2007.

1. BoHenriksson

BoHenriksson New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Has anybody tried to cover up those rear wheel wells to reduce drag? Remember the old very aerodynamic Citroen CX had a removable cover over the rear wheels that'd you'd pull of if you needed to change the tire. Seems like this would be a simple mod to improve the Prius mpg a little. Or maybe, a lot!

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I had wheel skirts on my old 1960 Cadillac Sedan de Ville.

A few of us have photoshopped them but I don't know as anyone has actually built and used them.

3. toyotablackbox

toyotablackbox New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Yeah I havent been able to find any wheel skirts for my Prius either. I think they would look so cool like ones on the Honda insight. I even played with some plastic panels to give myself the idea of what it would look like, but somebody needs to make some factory looking color matched ones with a black trim piece on the bottom to match up with the rear underbody spoiler. The only problem with the Prius is that the rear wheel arches are rounded instead of square like on the Citroens and Hondas with factory wheeel skirts, and the skirt could only go half way down the tire as to not obstruct tire travel. Even with rounded wheel wells, and half length skirts, I'm pretty sure I'd like them on my Prius...

4. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

That is the next mod project for me after the Prius Plus. You know maximize what you have. So, I will have to make some fiberglass forms and once you make those there will be no problem dropping in more fiber glass to make some more. ;)