1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Crack on infotainment system bezel. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by Mac Guru, Jun 18, 2023.

1. Mac Guru

Mac Guru Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Six months after buying a 2022 prime xle, we noticed a hard to see Crack on the infotainment system’s bezel. Lower left corner. As a 30 year tech of.. everything.. I know this is a factory defect we didn’t notice. Dealer says “outside cause” and corporate follows what they say. No mark on screen or plastic means it just was weak designed and broke on a speed bump etc.

Anyone else see this and one has to buy the $8000 infotainment system not just the bezel? I bet the junkyard has the bezel and it is removable. Any info appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Pdog808

Pdog808 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    My current experience indicates that the display and computer behind the unit costs $9k. From what I can see it all comes as one unit so you would need to take it apart yourself if you get a decent bezel from the junkyard.

A mechanic I am working with found some used units for about $850-$1k each. I'll find out if he can get my MFD running again this week when I take the Prime in.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Does is effect function? Maybe just use some 2-part epoxy on it?
    Is that what they’re asking now; last time I looked MSRP was $6k USD and change, and dealership was selling for as much as $1k less.

$6k CDN and change is what we paid for a brand new civic in ‘81; how we progress. :confused:

4. Pdog808

Pdog808 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    $9k was what Toyota quoted me directly from their terminal at the dealership. Plus about $1k or so for labor (including the initial diagnosis).

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
  6. captqc

captqc Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    If it were mine I’d try to fix it with JB Weld before I’d pay that kind of money to replace it. Toyota doesn’t seem to give a crap about their customers like they use to.

Mendel Leisk likes this.