1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Crack or Seam in middle of my display

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by NoMoShocks, Jul 6, 2007.

1. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I think the heat cracked my long Speedometer Idiot Light panel, but the crack is so straight, it almost looks like they intentionally made it out of two peices. The thing is, I have never noticed this before, and now it seems to really stand out like a sore thumb. If any of you confirm this is not supposed to be there, I guess I'll be making arrangements for a warrantee replacement. Nothing heavier than the accordian style window shade has ever been placed on the dash.

So tell me, is this a crack, or a seam I never noticed before for some very odd reason?

Attached Files:

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    It's a seam between two pieces. I have that too in my 2005. It isn't obvious unless the lighting is right.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yeah, perfectly normal but mine is not nearly as detectable as the picture. Heck, when it was first reported a couple years ago, I had to go out into the garage and look real close to see mine.

4. Green Hokie

Green Hokie Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Same as mine. Pretty sure it's a seam. I was a little disappointed when I first noticed it just a few days after buying the vehicle (back in early March). However, I really don't even see it anymore and doesn't bother me at all now.

5. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Jul 6 2007, 08:26 PM) [snapback]474428[/snapback]</div>
    Mine has become very obvious. No special lighting required any more. I wonder if it was cemented together, and the cement gave way?

6. Green Hokie

Green Hokie Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Mine is not attached or glued together. When I clean around that area, both pieces move independently.

7. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I've always thought that would make a good place to mount a battery charge indicator or a ScanGauge. It would hide the seam and its visible without blocking any warning lights.

8. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Maybe it's visible because dust is caught in the gap? I can barely see the seam in mine.