1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cracked Fog Lights

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by DenToyPri05, Jan 7, 2015.

1. DenToyPri05

DenToyPri05 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When I first got my Prius, I noticed that the fog lights were cracked and had the repair priced it at the dealer. Then I started searching on the forums and read alot about how common this seemed to be. There was no shortage of different opinions and speculation about causes. I decided to believe that the bulb gets too hot and will crack under the extreme heat. Regardless of what I believed, however, I still needed them replaced.

So, I purchased a set on Amazon, and I also purchased a set of Laminx "shields" to put over them. The install wasn't that hard to go through step by step (thank you forum!), but accessing without a lift was comical. I'm no skinny minny and my head and shoulders wedged at just the correct angle under my car to view and then to reach in to remove/plug in was an adventure.

Price for bulbs was a total of about $80.00. Mechanic was going to charge $150 for labor, a deal in itself, but I decided to at least give it a go.

8 months later, the fog lights are intact, no cracks.

It's the little things. :)