1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cracked rear lens

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jefreestyles, May 20, 2014.

1. Jefreestyles

Jefreestyles Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    all,

I recently found this on my car.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12007759/PriusC_CrackedLens.jpg

[​IMG]

The light is still working and the crack doesn't diminish or do anything to my light at all.

I called the closest Toyota Service shop and they quoted parts and labor at $257.25 + tax.

What should I do?

Also, what could have caused this? Looks like a it was shot by a bb gun. I don't remember hearing it crack while driving. So it must have been parked already and then something/someone hit it.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Most likely cause is debris from the road at highway speeds, it's not easy to hear those. You can tell the paint that chipped off as well, a BB gun probably won't do that.

You can check for the parts on Ebay or at online Toyota dealerships. Prices are often better online. Just make sure you buy OEM so it would match the other side.

Replacement shouldn't be that hard to DIY, should be just some bolts to remove on the light and possibly some clips inside the car.

Jefreestyles likes this.
  3. SwhitePC

SwhitePC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I guess add a little more dough and get a nice pair of aftermarkets?

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This is all of personal preference. I prefer the fit and finish of the OEM stuff and it looks original. Some people like the more exotic aftermarket stuff, which also shows something has been replaced from OEM. When you decide to sell the car, the buyers may or may not like the aftermarket add on.

5. mertechperformance

mertechperformance Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    about 130 shipped per tail oem toyota part from ebay. install takes 5 minutes and is easy

6. mertechperformance

mertechperformance Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    A lot, NOT ALL folks keep the stock parts as well. or hold onto a car for SOOO long the loss of stock parts becomes a very moot point. Unfortunately these will never be collectible cult cars...

7. -y0-

-y0- Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I have a set for sale if interested.