1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

cracked windshield

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by sean v4, Jun 13, 2016.

1. sean v4

sean v4 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four

I have 2014 Prius V4 wagon. Just got a windshield crack about 2 feet long and need to replace it soon. It cracks an inch each a day it seem.

Has anyone replace the windshield on the Prius v lately? What brand did you go with and price did you pay for it?
    How's the quality?
    Did the installation include molding as well.

I got a quote for FYG replacement windshield with the moulding replacement and installation for $245. Not sure if this is a good deal and quality because another friend got his highlander done recently for $215.

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The price is good. However be sure to ask if there will be any distortions along the edge where the glass curves in slightly.

3. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't profess to know whether it actually means something - but the sales brochure specifies: "UV-reducing green glass in the windscreen and front windows cuts glare as well as reducing noise and vibration inside". Whether an aftermarket windscreen will do this as well, you might want to ask if you're concerned, or accept a lower price for non-genuine.