1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Crazy gets dropped from fox...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Apr 6, 2011.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Glenn Beck's Fox departure: Where will his audience go? | PopWatch | EW.com

When you get dropped from fox, that says something.

2. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Fox is getting rid of him because he's not crazy enough, not the other way around. Public wackiness draws audience, and audience draws advertisers. Beck's audience is waning, ergo he's too bland. It isn't that Beck has gotten sane; he's about 115% nuttier than he was; it's that the world stage is more crowded with nuts and to stay in the limelight demands a level of wackiness beyond mere clinical insanity. Look how even Palin has fallen from the headlines.

To keep up these guys are gonna have to redefine weird, make the word bizarre an adjective for normal. Which means they'll have to start to resemble the Home Shopping channel even more than they already do.

3. skilbovia

skilbovia Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I guess the best thing I can say about this is that every Fox channel could be dropped from my cable service and I'd never know it until Fox carried either the World Series (If the Red Sox were playing) or the Super Bowl (If the Patriots were playing.)

1 person likes this.