1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Crazy thing happened last night

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by engunneer, Mar 20, 2006.

1. engunneer

engunneer Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Ok, so the crazy bit was that I actually bought a piano last night, but besides that, it fit in the back of my '05 with the seats down. And technically it was a digital piano, but it is still 55" x 20" x 32", 200lbs of scratch prone shiny finish. Only had to move it a few miles, but all was easy! Only took two people in and out.

I should have taken a picture of it in the back. Darn.

2. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Uh... Yeah! What were you thinking? :rolleyes:

These are the kind of practical pictures we need to counteract ther AP photos of new owners beating their Prii to death with a crowbar because they can only get 50mpg when the advertisement *promised* them 60!

3. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    put it back in and take a pic :)

4. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was going to suggest the same thing.... :)

5. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I think that I should carry my camera more. I stopped at Trader Joe's this morning and when I came out there was another Salsa Prius next to mine...took a couple seconds to recall my plates and then I saw that the mom was still in the car. I think she was waiting for me. I tapped on the window and asked her if she was trying to confuse me, she said she just couldn't resist parking next to the Cranberry.

6. engunneer

engunneer Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Only if you come over and help. :p

7. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I had a similar experience once with my Beetle. I currntly drive a Green New Beetle. I was coming out of Meijer's one day (meijers is like supertarget/super wally world) and as I want to my car there were four, yes, four green beetles parked side by side... I really could not believe it... but I was able to figure out which one mine was...

8. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok... but i'll need gas money.. a place to stay (blankets/sheets/bed..the whole works.. just not my car). Some hot food... (human food preferably). A Hot shower (hot girl optional) and pay since i'll be off work for that week. I don't make much... :unsure: so.. uh... you won't have to brake the bank. <_<

LOL

oh yeah.. i wanna play on that piano too. I'm a little rusty though.. so forgive me ahead of time. :rolleyes:

9. engunneer

engunneer Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    By the way, it was one of these: Link

10. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

That looks like a good sized piano... Does it come assembled or disassembled???

11. engunneer

engunneer Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I bought the floor model, so it was assembled. It comes off the stand, which is basically just the speaker system and pedals.

12. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well, hell. I'm coming over too!

13. clintd555

clintd555 New Member

Whoa.... put it back in and take a pic - seriously. I'm having doubts.

14. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    That was my justification to get a cell phone with a camera. I figured that sometime I would need to take a picture when I don't have my regular camera.

15. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I know, the space in the back is humongous. I was able to put a small desk in it and was easily able to close the hatch. The desk sits next to the workstation in my home office and it's roughly (I'm estimating) four feet long, three feet high and maybe two feet deep but it's probably less than that.

16. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I thought about removing the rear seats and making the back end of the Prius into a piano bar, but thought that would be a bad idea if I ever got stopped. Besides, the headroom towards the rear end would be pretty scanty, so the patrons would need to be short. I don't know too many really short people who would like to drink at a piano bar in the rear of a moving Prius, so I just bagged the idea............

17. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Ya never know. Years ago I had as part of my job making reservations for groups wanting to hold events in our community center. The most interesting one I made (a KKK meeting came in second!) was for the Intermountain West Regional group of the Little People of America. I had never heard of them.

My community center had a pre-school day care center accomodating 80 children. What made our facility desirable to them was that they could replace all the adult-sized furniture normally supplied in our gym with the downsized furniture (tables at which to sit as well as chairs), and at no extra charge!). I stopped by the weekend of the meeting, and have never seen so many "midgets" (no offense) in one place in my life! Where did they all come from!?

So yes, Bob, a piano bar for Little People in the back of your Prius might actually fly. Put Billy Joel back there playing "Piano Man", and I'd come, too.

18. mitchbf

mitchbf New Member

Well, I didn't carry a piano in my Prius but I did buy a bed frame and a couch, complete with cushions, at IKEA and got both in the car with he hatch fully closed. The guy at IKEA was as amazed as I was. Of course, I didn't have room for him so I had to take the bloody stuff out myself :p

19. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yeah, it is humongous. I haven't had a chance to use it to its full potential, but last week my husband dismantled his glass/metal desk to take it out of our 2nd bedroom and to his work. He wasn't able to fit the glasstop in his Accord, as the seats don't fold down flat. I told him that I'd bet him it'd fit in MY car and he didn't think it would. Alas, it did-with more than enough room to spare on all sides.

It was one of these. Not super impressive, but I was still pretty proud that it fit.
    30" Hx 56" Wx 30" D (but minus the metal portion-it could have fit, but he didn't want to scratch the glass).

20. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i'm with V8. minus the hot girl. :lol: