1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Creaking Sound from Passenger Seat

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by The Critic, Sep 18, 2009.

1. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My buddy's 2006 Prius w/leather has a nasty creaking sound coming from his passenger seat. The sound occurs whenever the vehicle is moving.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem before? If so, what is the best way to diagnose this problem?

Thanks.

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  3. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks, I found it!

The new one is TSB 0390-08. Since the updated cushion is only about $8, I'll definitely give it a try.

4. BAllanJ

BAllanJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When I saw the title to the thread, my first thought was "get younger passengers" :)

5. fintonissimo

fintonissimo Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I also have a creaky front passenger seat in my 2008 Prius, and it is driving me crazy lately! It seems like it is creaking in the plastic area near the lever which adjusts the seat back angle. It is creaking much worse now than before with the colder weather.

Does the TSB apply to the 08 Prius seat as well? Also, was your buddy able to get rid of the creak?

Thanks, Chuck

6. don_chuwish

don_chuwish Well Seasoned Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Oh wow, I hadn't realized the solution was to just cut off the locator pins. I may be pulling out the passenger seat soon anyway, so maybe I'll do a little cutting while I'm at it.

- D

7. Truffles

Truffles Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Does the extended warranty I purchased also cover TSB items? The TSB says it falls under the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty period, but not sure about the 7 year/100K I bought from Troy.