1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Crest Prohealth Toothpaste

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by silentak1, Nov 15, 2006.

1. silentak1

silentak1 Since 2005

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It's the most awful tasting paste that I have ever used. It leaves my teeth feeling glossy and with a terrible after taste. I'm about to throw away a brand new tube, but before I do that what happens if i call the customer service # and complain? Will they give me some type of coupon for future Crest purchases?

Edit: I do brush my teeth for health benefits. I don't eat toothpaste, all right people? A little good flavor/taste for 2 minutes is just a nice kick.

2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(silentak1 @ Nov, 12:34 AM) [snapback]349330[/snapback]</div>
    You should definitely call them, if for nothing else, if they get enough complaints they will stop selling it before more people go through the same experience.

I called the 800 number once for a funny tasting bag of M&Ms, and they sent me some coupons (free, not discount).

3. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I almost picked up a tube of this yesterday. Now I'm glad I stuck with my Colgate.

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    last time i called the customer service number (about a defective product though) they sent me a whole bunch of coupons in addition to a free replacement coupon. worth a shot, i say.

i found a toothpaste i like and i'm sticking to it. :)

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Nov 15 2006, 10:22 AM) [snapback]349425[/snapback]</div>
    You should try cleaning the tube once in a while. :p

Tom

6. jared2

jared2 New Member

List of life's problems:

1. Is there a God?
    2. What does it all mean?
    3. What created the big bang - was it really a collision of vibrating membranes?

And, above all,
    4. Why is it so hard to find a good-tasting toothpaste?

7. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(silentak1 @ Nov 14 2006, 09:34 PM) [snapback]349330[/snapback]</div>
    Just my guess: They'll send you a coupon for a free tube of the same toothpaste, and ask you to give it another try.

I've never found a toothpaste that didn't taste bad. But some are definitly worse than others. I have sensitive teeth, so I use Sensodyne. I don't like it, but I can tolerate it, and it does reduce the sensitivity.

8. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think toothpaste should taste vaguely foul...that way you know it's working. I've always though that something has to feel bad, for it to be good for you.
    [laughing]

Oh, and add to the list of life's problems:
    5. Where does the tide go when it's "out?"

9. EricGo

EricGo New Member

Never know what will pop up in FHOP .. toothpaste is an important topic to me, since I brush my teeth, the way some people smoke. No one in my family finds it at all odd to see me wondering around the house brushing my teeth. It's a comfort and thinking thing ;)

Sickly sweet and chalky are my favorite toothpastes to hate.

We found Arm&Hammer's DentalCare around 10 years ago, and even though it is expensive, is a home staple, along with Earl Grey Tea, tofu, thai peppers, and pasta.

10. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Nov 15 2006, 03:46 PM) [snapback]349720[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, truth be told, I'm a dental hygiene nut...and a wandering brusher, too...(funny how little white toothpaste specks begin to appear all over the house if I'm not careful).

I've found that staying away from whitening toothpastes has really heped reduce the sensitivity that I was beginning to feel. I just use basic Crest, brush twice a day and floss every evening before bed, have cleanings every 6mos and make sure to keep up with replacing any old fillings.

So far, so good.

11. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Nov 15 2006, 11:33 AM) [snapback]349656[/snapback]</div>
    This actually has a very simple answer: It goes exactly one-quarter of the way around the world.

What I find odd, and I don't understand the reason for it, is that the difference between high tide and low tide is very small near the equator. Typical difference between high and low tide in Bonaire is around 8 or 10 inches.

12. tag

tag Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Nov 15 2006, 06:11 PM) [snapback]349845[/snapback]</div>
    Q: It appears that the range of the tides gets larger the further the location from the equator. What causes this?

If you only look at a few locations, this may seem to be true; but it is not the case. Literally hundreds of locations in the extreme north and south latitudes have small tidal ranges, and a number of stations closer to the equator have large tidal ranges. For example, Korea is at roughly the same latitude as most of the U.S. coast. Numerous stations in Korea have a tidal range of more than 20 feet. A number of locations very near the equator which have a tidal range of about 15 feet.

The tidal range of a particular location is dependent on many different factors, one of which is the configuration of the coastline. For example, let's examine the southern coast of Alaska and British Columbia. The configuration of this coastline is very similar to a funnel, with the narrow end at Cook Inlet. Since the tides travel as a wave across the oceans, this type of configuration tends to accentuate the wave at the narrow end of the funnel. This is part of the reason for the large tidal ranges in this area. If you look at the tidal ranges for stations on the Bering Sea, outside this funnel but at the same latitude, you will find a tidal range of 5-7 feet. This is a fairly average tidal range.

Another factor is the size of the ocean basin in which the tides are located. The Pacific Ocean is by far the largest of the world's oceans. This means that the moon's gravity has a large area of water to work on; thus, its effect tends to be greater. Compare this to stations in the Baltic Sea. Many stations in the Baltic are as far north as any station in Alaska. However, due to the small size and shallow depth of the ocean basin, the tidal ranges in this area are relatively small.

http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/faq2.html#27

13. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'm a long time Crest user. I like the traditional regular flavor, can't stand mint and don't like the new regular flavor.

Right not I use in the morning for it's floride and I use Melalucca Cinnamon flavor at night. I really like the Melalucca but it doesn't have floride. When it does, I'll probably stop using the Crest.