1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cricket bluetooth phone Kyocera Xcursion

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by sandersphx, Feb 7, 2006.

1. sandersphx

sandersphx Junior Member

Just wondering if anyone knows if the latest Cricket bluetooth phone (Kyocera Xcursion KX160) works with the Prius. My wife is a real estate agent and needs unlimited local service - Cricket is by far the cheapest so please don't suggest ditching Cricket. However their bluetooth phone selection has been nonexistent until a few recent Kyocera models. I like the new KX160 - it has exactly what she needs and looks reasonably cool at the same time. Before buying ($200) and testing it I thought I'd check with the experts first...thanks in advance!

2. EricGo

EricGo New Member

I tried Cricket in Albuquerque a few years ago and it was unusable. ymmv

3. ttabbal

ttabbal New Member

You might ask if you can look at the book for the phone, or find it online. If the phone can use the "Hands Free" profile, you're probably good to go. Note that this is different from the "Headset" profile more commonly used. If you want phonebook transfers, look for "Object Push Profile" or OPP.

If you explain what you're doing and ask nicely, they might be willing to bring one out to your car to test it out. Tell the phone to look for a headset and tell your car to add a phone. They should link up and the phone will ask for the passkey (it's on the Prius screen, the default on mine was 1111). Enter the passkey on the phone, and tell it it's ok to pair with the car. After that, you should be good to go. Try hitting the off-hook button on the steering wheel and see if you get a phone screen and try to call someone.

4. sandersphx

sandersphx Junior Member

Thanks for the great advice ttabbal! After I give this a try I'll post my results.

5. sandersphx

sandersphx Junior Member

UPDATE: Picked up the KX160 last Wed from Cricket (great price at $150 so I'm glad I didn't buy it on ebay where prices were higher) and had no problems linking up with the Prius bluetooth system. Works like a charm and my wife couldn't be happier. Haven't tried to transfer the phonebook since we haven't entered many numbers yet but will publish another update when I do. So add the Kyocera Xcursion KX160 to the list of phones that work with the Prius bluetooth system.

6. energyhog

energyhog New Member

Also does anybody know if the Samsung A900 (Blade) works good with the Prius? I know it works with standard options such as talking but do all the controls work from the vehicle? Caller ID, placing and recieving call, phonebook... All the options.
    Thanks