1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

crooked prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ghatid, Feb 28, 2008.

1. ghatid

ghatid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    So, I just finished my first oil change! Took me awhile because I wasn't sure where to put my jack/jack stands. Also, the dealer put the filter on too tightly, so I had a lot of trouble with that. Anyways, after bringing down the car, I noticed that the left side seemed lower than the right side. I don't know how it was before, but could I have somehow made the right side go up when I was working on the oil change? (I tried to follow the pdf floating around to tell me where to put the jack/jack stands). I measured it from the ground to the bottom of the fender on each side. I think the clearance is coming from the suspension (the distance between the wheel and the top of the fender seems inconsistent) Does anyone know what this could be?

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Just that one side was jacked up higher than the other? Drive it around and see if it's still warped.

3. ghatid

ghatid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hmm, I took a look at it today and it seems to be more even. Is it the dampener that kept one side a little higher than the other? What needed settling?

4. Steamboatsig

Steamboatsig Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    When you lower the car, the tires end up with positive camber because they grip the surface. This can account for the difference is fender height. As they roll a few feet, they settle to their normal camber and height.

This can be proved by lowering one side of the car on a slippery surface. You will see the tire skid to the side as it is lowered. On a grippy surface the tire will not settle correctly.

5. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Please list your car year & package on profile.