1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Crooked steering wheel and metalic sound

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Dirtnapper, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Dirtnapper

Dirtnapper Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    We have had the 07 Prius for just about 4 weeks. Noticed right away that the steering wheel was not straight, a few degrees off to the right. Correcting it sent the car to the left. There was often a metalic sound on the driver's front right, not loud but annoying. Took it in today, they fixed the wheel and did an alignment, and the noise was from the brake actuator, they bleed the system, but are waiting for the part. They told me there was a "recall" for this. So, hopefully in the next day or to it that will be corrected. Anyone else hear about this or having same issues?

2. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dirtanpper @ Apr 10 2007, 08:26 PM) [snapback]421255[/snapback]</div>
    We have the 07 now for about a month have put 2700 miles on and have heard a scrapping noise or rub noise when we make a left turn or go around a curve going to the left. and our steering wheel is not straight either was told bring in for alingment or wait because it is free for 1 year or 20k miles whichever comes first.
    But now if it is a brake related issue I will take in sooner. only hear the scrapping sound on a left turn, it sounds as if the noise is coming from the right side front
    was your noise constant or while turning?

3. Dirtnapper

Dirtnapper Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ Apr 10 2007, 10:58 PM) [snapback]421270[/snapback]</div>

Noise was constant, turning seem to have nothing to do with it. Why would you want to wait a year if your have an alignment issue...you can ruin the tires, and you can be sure they will not replace them. I had a similar issue with Jeeps, wheel alignments on three of them were off...one was severe and took a while to get corrected, and the tires started to wear...but that was another battle. Really, you should get it in now.
    The wheel alignment is separate from the noise and brake issue.

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    there is a tsb but not a recall for the actuator noise, i posted it in the tsb forum. the actuator noise is normal on occasion but not constantly.

if you've got a noise while turning, bring that car in to the shop.