1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Crown in Ontario, CA was great!!

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Aubri, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Aubri

Aubri New Member

So I went to the Toyota website and "built my Prius" and then requested local dealers contact me with offers.

The first to contact me was Claremont and they told me that I'd be LUCKY to get a Prius at only $2,000 ABOVE MSRP through them as most dealers were selling it at 3-4k above MSRP (according to him). I thanked him for his time and waited for the next call.

Next was La Puente who told me they were selling it AT MSRP, BUT "all" the ones coming in had chrome wheels and I would not find them without. Of course, I would have to take whatever color and fabric came in.

Then Bryan from the Crown Toyota Internet Sales office called me. He said they had cars in the package I wanted coming in shortly but the numbers he gave me were about $300 over MSRP and he said he was selling it AT MSRP. We compared the cars and discovered that the difference was in the First Aid kit and Cargo net. I didn't want either of these and REALLY wanted Seaside Pearl with Dark Grey fabric. He put Shaun on the line and Shaun told me he could get me the exact car I wanted, with the colors and package that I wanted WITHOUT any extras (other than floor mats) at MSRP and that he usually got them in within a month and a half (all other dealers were saying 3-4 months for the exact car I wanted). I asked him how he could say that when other dealers said 3-4 months and he said it was because of volume and that all the cars coming in had buyers so they could re-order quicker and get priority on picking which one they wanted in.

I was very happy with how NOT pushy Bryan and Shaun were. They were very laid back, didn't try to upsell me on anything, didn't nag me, and were very friendly. Claremont Toyota called me 4 more times and emailed me about 5 before I was finally able to convince them I wasn't interested.

So on June 1st I went in and signed a simple paper to "order" the car that I wanted. They asked for a check for $500 as a deposit. I asked them under what circumstances I could get the money back. They laughed!!! I thought they were going to tell me that it's a Prius and I wasn't getting my money back. Instead they said that I could get it back under ANY condition. I asked for that in writing and Shaun wrote on the simple form "100% refundable at any time."

On June 6th at 9:30 pm I got a call that the car was showing in the system and they should have a VIN number shortly!

On June 8th I got the call that they had the VIN number and I went in and signed the papers. No pressure and they showed me ALL the numbers (nothing hidden and no back up finance pushers). I had gotten approval for a $20,000 maximum loan through my bank with 6.15% with my credit. This meant I was going to have to borrow some money from family to make up the extra. They ended up getting me a loan for the full amount of the car at 6.3% and since the difference was minimal in comparison to having to borrow from family, I took it and was very happy. They didn't try to push a warranty or maintenance plan (I told them I had a friend who could get it for me at a deal and they said OK!)

No pressure at all and the car came in on the 10th and I am picking it up tomorrow the 12th (only delayed because I've been out of town, not because of them).

So they said a month and a half and had it in in a week and a half. I was so pleased with the whole process and highly recommend them.

NOTE - this is the Internet Sales office that I delt with, NOT the main dealers!!! I was told by them that the main dealers are a lot higher pressure, so if you go to them, be sure you go through the Internet Sales office.

I hope this helps other buyers!

Aubri :)

2. Zarzoo

Zarzoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I agree! This dealer is awesome! I got my Prius through the internet department here as well (my salesman was Eddie Lambago. Very cool guy, but everyone that I talked to was very cool). They were the most responsive, and communicative, of all of the dealers I called / contacted. I only had to wait about 2 weeks after first contacting them before I recieved my Prius, and I couldn't be happier.

3. SCDrJ

SCDrJ New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Also bought mine here from the internet dept. - worked with Bryan, Shabbir, and Nabeel. They were not hard-sellers etc., didn't overly push ext. warranty or anything, and the car was AT MSRP. Only thing that was hard is that they wanted deposit same day as I reserved car, and papers signed day they had the VIN. I was able to hold them off a couple days since I live 50mi away, but I guess they can't keep cars held off from other salesmen for very long... The finance bit is handled by the main dealership team, but my finance guy (Chris) was great, no-pressure, and quick.

Note: time of my call to driving off the lot with my Prius: 10 days.

Note to anyone buying any car: I always deal with the Internet/Fleet departments. They tend to be amenable to talking price over the phone, and I believe that they are more interested in higher # of cars sold than bleeding every customer dry on anything they can.