1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cruise control and ev mode combo

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sprett, May 1, 2006.

1. sprett

sprett New Member

Is it possible to use the CC while in forced EV mode? In the european models with standard EV button the EV mode disables the CC and the EV mode automatically disengages at approx. 30 mph and starts the ICE. But, on the other hand, if the car goes into stealth mode "on its own" it can cruise along at 35 mph with CC enabled without the ICE. Any thoughts what the engineers had in mind while constructing this feature?

I would like a EV mode that only disengaged when the SOC was at 2 bars or lower, or if I accelerated hard.

2. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

It is a moot point because the EV mode is useful for only a very short distance. Really, we're only talking about a mile or two here. Cruise control?

3. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sprett @ May 1 2006, 02:23 AM) [snapback]247833[/snapback]</div>

I too would like to use my cc in ev mode, but have not figured it out. :(

4. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    CC in EV mode?

I agree that is kinda pointless. No sooner that you would engage it, you would run out of juice.

They probably did not take the time to link these two as they figured forced EV is for super slow speed and limited distance and CC is for maitaining constant highway speed and long distances.

Plus when you are in EV mode it is pretty easy to regulate the speed of the electric motor...and the ICE kicks in fairly easily if you juice it too much.