1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cruise Control issue on 2007 package 2

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by kiwiruss, Jun 21, 2007.

1. kiwiruss

kiwiruss New Member

Ive begun to experience issues with my cruise control on my 2007 Package 2.

On Tuesday I got my oil changed at Spartan toyota here in Lansing, and twice now since then Ive had cruise control problems. Ive gone for a drive, turned cruise control on and set it and it fails to do anything. the car decellerates and the cruise doesnt work.

If I stop the car, turn off the power and turn on the power and resume my journey and try cruise control again it works properly.

This has happened only 2 times and only after this oil change. All other times the car and cruise work perfectly.
    This also hasnt happened on every drive since getting the oil changed.

I Love my Prius and just want to find out if anyone else has had this issue ?

Ive no idea what it might be.

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    You or your Toyota shop should confirm that the brake light switch (near the brake pedal) is adjusted correctly, and that its connector is uncorroded and well-fitted.

Cannot guarantee a fix with this, but no other possibilities come to mind.

3. SSmith

SSmith Junior Member

Make sure you are not in "B" gear, this will prevent the cruise control from engaging. The engine needs to be in "D" gear.

4. kiwiruss

kiwiruss New Member

Thanks for the replies.
    the cars stopped misbehaving. but will check the brrakelightswitch in case its gotten bumped somehow