1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cruise - Instrument Panel

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ralph, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Ralph

Ralph New Member

Hi.

While driving with my lights on (always on due to no daytime running lighs) yesterday all of a sudden I noticed a light on my instrument panel right next to the headlight indicator came on which said Cruise. It stayed on until I shut the car off.

When I used the car later in the evening the Cruise did not reappear. On startup when all the indicators flash I did not see it. So far today the Cruise light has not appeared. What is it for?

Ralph

2. kidtwist

kidtwist New Member

Cruise control somehow got turned on, though you hadn't set a speed. I don't know if you accidentally turned it off, or it automatically turns off when the car is off.

3. hschuck

hschuck Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Cruse control turns off when the car is turned off.

4. xevious

xevious New Member

It sounds to me like you used to drive an American vehicle, or haven't heard of cruise control before. On Toyotas (and many other imports), cruise control acts as a discrete subsystem and must be turned on before being engaged. When on, the "Cruise" idiot light illuminates, telling you that the system is ready to be set, reset, cleared, sped up, or slowed down. A second tap of the master cruise control switch turns off the system, extinguishing the "Cruise" indicator.

On many domestic vehicles, the "Cruise" light comes on only AFTER a speed has been set.

5. olends

olends New Member

or if your car is old like mine, there is not light to tell you, you are cruising