1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Crutchfield CABLE for Toyotas

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by 200Volts, Nov 1, 2005.

1. 200Volts

200Volts Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  2. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not sure what your looking for but the iPod2car has had limited success working with the Prius for connecting an iPod for music. No it will not work for video.

If you want just cables for connecting to the input of the audio in place of the current speaker connectors Metra 70-1761 connects to the harness and Metra 71-1761 connects to the HU.

For Aux input look at Vais

3. 200Volts

200Volts Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I worded my question poorly. Let me try again.
    Would one of the connectors on this cable plug in to the MFD ( not the head unit-radio) ? If yes, then wouln't we have a connector to access audio and video input to the MFD (like the CoastalTech A/V input)?
    I have a non NAV 04 and I'm trying to get A/V into the MFD at a low cost.

4. tmorrowus

tmorrowus Member

The problem with getting A/V to the MFD and stereo is converting the signals into a form that the Prius can deal with, and getting the MFD to switch between your signal and the normal signals like nav, climate, etc. Cables don't deal with that problem.

5. 200Volts

200Volts Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I understand I need RGB-s input to the MFD.
    I am also "assuming" that CoastalTech's site is correct when he says that pressing the Mode or AM button will pull up Sat1 or Sat2 mode if their is a video signal present at the connector-buss.
    I want to try and input my experimental RGB signal to the MFD, but without a connector this is extremely difficult to do on a non NAV Prius (i.e I'd have to take out the MFD for direct access to the mating connector pins).

6. IndyDoug

IndyDoug New Member

I'm thinking of adding a Vais Aic-100i aux input to my non-JBL HU.

How difficult is it to install? Does it come with a DVD or other instructional video?

7. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Easy. No.

8. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

VAis AIC-100i should not be a problem. It connects to the aux port on the head unit. No different than JBL.

9. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

It's not that simple. Dave is listening in on AVC, and when Sat1 or Sat2 are selected, it does its thing. Very similar to how CAN-VIEW does its thing.
    Basically Dave is manipulating the MFD by pretending to be other devices that would use the RGBS.