1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CT 200h side view mirrors compatible?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by namvijnas, May 10, 2012.

1. namvijnas

namvijnas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    TO continue the ongoing conversation of side view mirrors here.
    1. Has anyone tried / looked at the CT 200h side view mirrors if they are compatible with the V?
    2. The JDM style mirrors with the puddle lights/ turn signal.. has anyone installed them on their V?

Bummer why Toyota chose not to give them on the V here in the US. They could have been offered as an upgrade. Even if not that , at least make it available to folks who want to get them installed. They come standard in UK and japan
    [​IMG]

2. namvijnas

namvijnas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Mirror comparisons...

Attached Files:

3. tanasit

tanasit Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I think the Venza mirror is compatible. Got my V with JDM as seen below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. namvijnas

namvijnas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Looks sweet! I have the same color. Do you have a post/ pics of how to do this on the V ?

5. tanasit

tanasit Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...bo-lights-signal-parking-courtesy-lights.html

I study the post above which is very similar. The elusive BLUE wire (dome light), I tapped from the GREEN LED back light behind the POWER button, otherwise you have to remove the A-pillar or go through a much more difficult route via the overhead board! As for the turn signal and the driving light wires, they are at the same locations (same pin # on the harness connectors) as mentioned in the post above but the color of the wires are different.

6. antech5

antech5 Member

toyota venzas do not come with signal mirror so if they are compatible it does not do us any good, where did you purchase the mirrors from and are they complete as one unit, with a little wiring as described on the other post or is it a aftermarket unit, if you purchase them aftermarket please give me a link on how to purchase a set for my V. Did you tape a rear bumper applique to the bottom of your front bumper?

7. antech5

antech5 Member

they are obviously different to me in many ways.

8. tanasit

tanasit Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    PRIUS 2010-2011 LED mirror cover turn light lamp WHITE -- unpainted cover | eBay

Above is the white one and below is the one that you have to tell the seller the color code of your car. Classic silver is 1F7

PRIUS 2010-2011 LED mirror cover turn light lamp WHITE -- color painted | eBay

They are complete unit and you will be left with your original covers. It is the after market set that was made in Taiwan.
    There is a Toyota one with only turn signal: Rakuten:

Or the power one: Rakuten:

Yes, I put the rear bumper protector on the front.

1 person likes this.
  9. antech5

antech5 Member

I like that idea of using the bumper protector

10. antech5

antech5 Member

so you are saying that the regular prius and the prius V uses the same mirror? that mirror from ebay is what you used on your V?

11. OWG

OWG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Tanasit, I have my mirror covers/lights on order now. Do you have any wiring info you can share specific to our V's? Was planning to get under the dash with a voltmeter and try to make heads or tails, but if you have anything to share, that would be greatly appreciated!

12. antech5

antech5 Member

I have my signal mirrors installed on my V, however I have to disagree with rakutan regarding the wiring harness being the same. The prius v wiring harness and what not have absolutely no similarities whatsoever with the current regular prius. None of the harness, plugs, etc...look anything like the regular prius. Anyone who owns a prius v should know this. The easiest way to run your signal lights is to ground the two black wires near the footwells. Run a single wire to your rear taillights along the sill plate, using a metal guide wire helps things move along much quicker and attach it to your red wire(signal wire) as for the puddle lights, driving lights option on this signal mirror is a total joke and a waste of money and is all gimmicks. I found no use for running those two lights. Having your driving lights on( on the signal mirror) while you are driving in asia might be legal however I have never seen anyone driving in the states with them on and cops don't think it's cool either.

13. res00ges

res00ges Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Looks great. Where did you get these Chrome covers for the up bumper?

14. tanasit

tanasit Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  15. OWG

OWG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A

I agree on the harness differences, there are a lot of similarities between the V and regular Prius, but wiring isn't one of them. I chose to wire all components of the turn signal kit, as I do like the look, especially the puddle lights. They do have good functionality as they are quite bright. I wired everything under the dash though, it is all there.

16. antech5

antech5 Member

If you have the time, please point out the exact location of the two wires for the puddle lights?( picture of the location would be ideal) as well as the single wire for the passenger side turn signal. I have located the driver's side turn signal light(yellow wire).

17. OWG

OWG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    See this thread I started in the V section:

Prius v: Turn Signal Mirror Install | PriusChat