1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CT is live on the Lexus website

Discussion in 'Lexus Hybrids and EVs' started by dgstan, Mar 1, 2011.

1. dgstan

dgstan Member

Lexus has formally updated their website to include the CT200h. Previously, it was listed as a "future vehicle".

The available options are much clearer now. The Darker Side of Green site was always somewhat unclear. The car basically comes in three packages: Base, "A", and "B" (at least that's what I see for my area, SoCal).

- Base is just that. No moonroof, crummy stereo, and Nuluxe seats.

- Pkg. A has nearly everything (NAV, upgraded stereo, moonroof) except leather, LED headlamps, auto-tiltdown side mirrors, and rain-sensing wipers.

- Pkg. B has everything (the only remaining add-on appears to be the radar cruise control).

The price difference between A and B is roughly $2500. I don't know how the Nuluxe looks or feels, but I'm not sure leather is worth $2500. If anyone has any opinion on the Nuluxe material, I sure like to hear about it. I also don't know much about LED lights. Are they worth the premium?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    my only questions are, how quiet is it? how comfortable are the seats? how smooth is the ride? guess a test drive is the only way to get answers.

3. porttac

porttac Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    :mod:

bisco.....Please let us know what you think..if you get a chance to go drive one soon. Your questions are exactly mine.

4. UsedToLoveCars

UsedToLoveCars Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    FWIW, I and a lot of other people like the fake Mercedes and BMW leather over the real leather. Then again german car leather is not that great.

From what I've read, nuluxe is at least as good as MB-tex.

5. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Nuluxe sounds great.

Does anybody know what kind of headlights the standard CT200h uses? I see that the CT200h Premium package B gives you LED headlights, but what about Package A and base? HIDs? Halogens?!? I doubt Lexus would leave you with halogens, but they don't specify.

Also, all models have LED day time running lights?

6. UsedToLoveCars

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    that's weird - on the base vs. premium comparison page, It says you can get Radar Cruise as an option on the premium...

but when you configure the premium, there is no option for it. The options shown on that page do not jive with the "package A/B" on the build page

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    will do. i'll start checking the dealers around here to see if they have one yet.

8. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Don't know but on the 2010 HS 250h, the two headlight choices were halogens or LED. The HS I won a one week test drive of had halogens.

9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    interestingly, i looked at 3 dealers on line, and they don't show inventory like toyota dealers. i guess you have to call, email or visit.

10. dgstan

dgstan Member

I don't know about Boston, but here in SoCal, my local dealers both said they were getting two CTs in each. Turns out one got 5 and the other got 6. I really had a good chance to see most of the colors and interiors, with white on black being my current favorite.

One dealer said this launch generated more interest than any previous Lexus. Coincidentally, I paid $3.73/gal. for gas at Costco this evening.

11. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    When we purchased our HS one of the salespeople we spoke to said they had attended a CT Orientation and she was not impressed. She did not feel the CT measured up to the Lexus Standard (to use her words) and she did not think they would sell. She also was not a fan of HS, to put things in perspective. I would think interest in the HS will grow as well as gas prices climb. We are extremely happy with ours. Very solid, quiet ride, decent gas mileage and more room interior than the IS.

12. porttac

porttac Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    hummm...snob factor within the showroom or shooting the sales in the foot? Maybe some of us low class folks will like the CT. But seriously, let's give it a chance and see. Test drive anyone?

13. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    they might have them here, i just can't look at their inventory online. i give the closest one a call and if he doesn't have one, go on from there.

14. UsedToLoveCars

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    wasn't there supposed to be a bamboo wood trim option? I saw that in a prepro car and it looked great.

BTW, there's about 4 ct200h cars up on ebay right now. Looks like MSRP

15. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Low class people?!?! - hey that's me!
    :D

Seriously, I just think the Lexus Sales People are scared they'll be seeing more of the jeans and sweatshirt crowd wandering around their parking lot. And when I show up in my worn Carhart that smells like, oh ok I'll wash it first, they'll probably have a coronary.

Have to be careful here though. The CT 200h might be a gateway Lexus where we won't be able to stop upgrading.
    ;)

And ... oh crap my dealer just told me 2 just showed up. Man weird how they're called a dealer?

16. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Eww... I hated MB-Tex. I think their current Artico man-made leather looks and feels much better. It's quite convincing.

17. andino

andino Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Man I wonder if my local lexus dealer has any. I might stop by and take a look