1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CT Sales Tax Epires June 1st 2008

Discussion in 'Prius Tax Credit Discussion' started by [email protected], Jan 13, 2008.

1. kimbermatic@mac.com

[email protected] Kimbermatic

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    For those in CT thinking of the Prius remember the sales tax exemption expires on October 1st 2008. There maybe no federal tax deduction, but I will take the sales tax.

Thanks to Ken below he was correct as to the date. I can't change the title but wanted to update the post. I heard the incorrect June 1st on the evening local news and should have verified.

2. Ct. Ken V

Ct. Ken V Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey, kimbermatic,

Are you sure about the June 1st expiration date for our CT sales tax exemption? Way back in '04 when it took effect I remember seeing on the CT dept. of revenue services website that the effective dates were Oct 1st, 2004 thru Oct 1st, 2008. I'm too tired now to go check their site again. I wonder if they later revised these dates. Where did you see that it expires June 1st, 2008?

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

3. carjon

carjon New Member

CT still high mileage exemption

When I recently ordered my dealer told me there was still an exemption (in November). I saw this on line and checked and he was correct. In CT there were two exemptions, one for Hybrids and one for vehicles that get over 40 MPG. The Hybrid one expired at the end of October but the > 40 mpg one is still good through 2010(?). Since the Prius gets > 40 MPG it still has an exemption.