1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cup Holder Dock Station for iPhone

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by eow, Jan 22, 2022.

1. eow

eow Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Base
    Any recommendations for a dock station that would fit in a Prime’s console cup holder cavity and have a permanent lightening connector attached to it? I thought this type of dock may minimize the hassle of connecting my iPhone for CarPlay.

I came across this one in Europe:
    https://joli.design/

If anyone has one in their Prime, which one did you order?

I measured the cup holder in the Prime to be 80 mm at the top of the tapered portion, and below the top cradiused edge. I reached out to the company hoping one of the current offerings will work in the Prime.

I do have a Carlinkit Mini 3.0 on order, but based on reviews on the wireless CarPlay adapters, I have no confidence it will reliably connect all the time. So I am looking for a plan B.

iPhone ?

#1 eow, Jan 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  2. eow

eow Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Base
    Ordered a 78 mm iPhone holder from Jolie.design earlier today. Should be able to report back in a few weeks.

IMG_4410.png

iPhone ?

Darien Day likes this.
  3. eow

eow Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Base
    Received the mount a couple of weeks ago. Looks like a quality product but have not been able to test it since the tapper seems to not match the taper of the Prime’s cup holder. The result is that it does not stay in place.

When it warms up, I will experiment with some foam tape on the perimeter to see if it resolves the issue.

iPhone ?