1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cup holder question '05 line

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sdietterle, Feb 25, 2007.

1. sdietterle

sdietterle New Member

I just bought a "pre-owned" '05 Prius last Thursday. I drove it to work Friday and found that my tall car cup of coffee (12 oz. metal, with handle) sort of rattles around in the cup holders. I tried both holders between the front seats, thinking one might be more snug. They appear to be the same diameter. There is only the molded hard plastic to set cups in. Is this right?

My Camry-driving friend has a rubber inset that adapts to hold different diameter cups securely.

Just want to make sure there's not something missing.

Thanks for any reply~

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah unfortunately, the Prius doesn't come with adjustable cupholders so you're stuck with the deep round one or the shallow square one.

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dietz @ Feb 25 2007, 07:53 PM) [snapback]396438[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to the site. Your cup holder is normal. Hope you find lots of other stuff to be happy over.

4. bigj3347

bigj3347 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    one thing you might want to try is to use double sided tape, the thick padded kind, I believe 3M sells it. Leave one side of the tape on and line the cupholder with it. It effectively dampens the sound but you might have to replace the tape after awhile because the tape gets rolled off sometimes when you put ur drink in at the wrong angle. Also, it reduces the size of your cup slightly.