1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

cup or bottle holder add-on?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by hnational, Apr 12, 2005.

1. hnational

hnational Junior Member

Hey everyone,
    i'm just looking for some tips on how to properly and securely stash a larger bottle of water while still having easy access to it. My coffee mug has no problem fitting into the cup holders but i find if i'm carrying a liter bottle of water it doesn't fit in any of the holders. I can sometimes squeeze them into the door holders but i feel like i'd be weakening the plastic too much and that usually destroys the water bottles.
    does anyone have any suggestions of aftermarket bottle holders.
    my sister just bought a mini van with 17 cup holders of various sizes. this makes me only slightly jealous!
    thanks.
    ps. my hebrew national in chicago is loving the warmer temps!

2. gschoen

gschoen Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My 1L Deja Blue bottle fits in front and rear holders, didn't try the door. It's height made it wobbly, but was no biggie since it had a cap.

Was it Super Size Me that mentioned how auto cupholders have to be continually redesigned to fit the ever bigger sizes we use.. the half-gallon 7-eleven is a real challenge, apparently. I remember a friend in college (not from this country) who was AMAZED one morning at a "woman drinking a BUCKET of coffee!!" hehe I cracked up.