1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Curious image rendering problem

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by bwilson4web, Oct 12, 2015.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Never mind:
    • Restarting application - problem remains
    • Rebooting the older Mac - problem clears
    Problem is on my end.

Bob Wilson

Symptom:

Over in Freds House of Politics, I'm seeing some images do not render correctly. What I noticed is some of the cartoon postings look like this:
    [​IMG]

Wondering what is going on, I hit 'Reply' to get everything so I can inspect the BBcode. This embeds everything in the QUOTE tag:
    [​IMG]
    So I could see the image but not understand why. There is a 'wrench' icon to the upper right that converts the editing window into a BBcode editor. Once I hit that:
    [​IMG]
    The problem is 'nesting' of the matching BBcodes. Here you see:

URL
    IMG
    /IMG​
    /URL​
    /QUOTE

The QUOTE tag comes because I hit 'Reply'. It is the URL and /URL tags that apparently cause the rendering issue with my browser and/or the true code generated by the forum software. Reducing it to just the IMG and /IMG tags solves the problem except now the cartoon image is in my post.

Old school, I always paste the image URL in my posts rather than trust the code from a cut-and-paste. The simple answer is remove everything outside of the IMG and /IMG tags.

I don't know if it is my browser, a Firefox spinoff, "TenFourFox" or something else. Anyone else see the same symptom. It started a couple of weeks ago but the folks I follow were OK.

Thanks,
    Bob Wilson

#1 bwilson4web, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015