1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Currently getting 161MPG

Discussion in 'Prime Fuel Economy & EV Range' started by Dennis Morais-Gregan, May 17, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Dennis Morais-Gregan

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hello everyone,

I don't know if this is ridiculous, but it seems to me it is. Currently, I'm sitting at 161MPG with 585.6 Miles driven.

A little backstory about me. I use to have a 2019 Mazda CX-3 AWD. It was maybe getting 26MPG, and I was terrified that gas would hit $2/Liter here, so I decided to upgrade to a Prius.

This vehicle is excellent, but it seems that my MPG is just absolutely ridiculous. Why would anyone get any other vehicle, when they can have 161MPG. Currently, my stats sit at 35 Engine hours, and with a average of 30KM/H, which means I only drive in the city. My last fuel up, was on May 3rd, and I'm only at 1/4 used of a tank of gas.

Does anyone else ever hit this high of MPG?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that's not mpg, it's mpg plus wall charge, i.e. kwh, which aren't free

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. The Tramp

The Tramp Italian Prius Expert

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius PHV
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm lucky then. 100 meters from where I live, I have a free public charger.

bisco likes this.
  4. The Tramp

The Tramp Italian Prius Expert

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius PHV
    Model:
    N/A
    I do... (last tank 2064 km, 1,8 l/100 km (128 mpg)

But it all depends how much eletricity you put in the car. I do happen to go out of town on weekends (lake, mountain, sea) going past my 70 km range, therefore I have to burn gas.

What is impressive about this car is how little gas it can sip to trot along, my eyeball average is 2.5 l/100 km (94 mpg) and the electric part makes that happen wether it's flat road or going up 2000 meters and back down again.

Yes, the faster you go, the more you consume, that's physics, but when I got 3.7 l/100 (64 mpg) at an average of 110 km/h on a 1050 km trip on the motorway, my mind was blown.

And I come from a second generation Prius.

5. Mr.Vanvandenburg

Mr.Vanvandenburg Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Yes I get that kind of mpg and the charging is free to me. Thank you hardware store and state government.
    What is this about knowing engine hours?

6. BiomedO1

BiomedO1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Yes, you need to add the additional electricity usage and time required to charge it - if you don't have access to a free charge. I just filled up yesterday and calculated 181 mpg + avg. $28 month in electricity. My car is programmed to recharge when I'm sleeping, so I don't need to bill for my time waiting for a charge. The car's odometer calculator stated 197 mpg. We're also heading into the summer months, so you should see even better numbers over the next few months.