1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale Custom "Lightweight"torsion flex box beam GenIII "v" mid chassis brace w/10.9 J.I.S. bolts

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by Mike500, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    As a continuing inprovement of my original "box beam" brace and based on the 2012 "improved" OEM Toyota supplied brace, I have improved this brace to provide a "stiffer" anti-bending flex modulus for the "folding" action phenomenon exhibited by the two long exhaust system bottom rails.

Toyota made theirs from five pieces and seven welds. Mine uses the "helical torsion" method the the Wright Brothers invented for the control surfaces of the wings of their bi-planes. The later called this "wing warping." It allows the brace to be very stiff to bending forces, while allowing very little resistance to twisting forces that can damage the mounting points of the brace on the rails. Mine weighs about the same as the old OEM thin brace and more than a pound less than the NEW brace, while achieving 50% more bending stiffness than the NEW OEM brace.

The brace is custom made and "super-finished" and primed with a "self-etching" aluminum primer to make it easy for the user to finish to the color of his or her choice.

The brace will be supplied with my new find of "super-quality" 10.9 grade 150,000 psi tensile flat smooth flange surface J.I.S. standard mounting bolts. These are much better than the "rounded" washer 8.8 grade 125,000 psi OEM supplied bolts. Both have the same small 14mm hex head, not the 17mm head on most metric bolts available.

The photos show the brace and the NEW "super-quality" bolts.

The price is the same $129 delivered by Priority Mail. Send me a PM, if you are interested.

Attached Files:

2. lilryan

lilryan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    will this fit the second gen prius

3. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    No, but I have one that does. And the price is $20 less.

It is also the same pattern but sized to fit the Gen II. It also includes the special 10.9 grade bolts in the correct size.

Send me a PM, if you are interested.

4. CT415

CT415 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Is this still available for the 3rd Gen?