1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Custom Made Anytime front/rear camera switch

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by TheForce, May 29, 2007.

1. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm selling version 1 of my anytime front/rear camera switch. This is a one time sale no more will be produced.

I'm selling because I don't feel like harvesting the parts off the board. Plus the project box is already cut for this project.

This switch does not need to be used for a front camera. You can hook up anything that has an composite video out. Like a DVD player or a TV tuner.

This switch is only compatible with 2006-2007 Prius. You will have to do some dash removal and wire cutting. For more information on this switch please visit my post here Anytime Front/Rear Camera

Dimensions are 6x3x2.25 inches

I really cant give you a warranty on this. I will guarantee that it will be fully functional when it reaches you. This is more for someone that knows a little about electronics and if something should go wrong you can fix it your self. All parts can be bought at radio shack, allelectronics.com or digikey.

I have had mine installed and working for 6 months now. The only problem I have ran into is that the switch will trigger when you adjust the side mirrors or eject the navigation DVD. Two things that you normally don't ever do. It has never false triggered during normal driving or use.

I'm not responsible for any damage to your car that my switch may cause. Cutting wires and messing with the MFD may void your cars warranty for those parts you mess with. What happens to your car is your own problem. If your car blows up don't blame me!

I accept paypal for payment. Buyer pays shipping. I will ship USPS Priority 2 day because its fast and cheap! :D

I'm asking $40 for it. This price barely covers the cost of the parts. Heck for $55 I will make sure it lasts for at least 30 days. There you go for $55 and I will give you a 30 day warranty. I will give the buyer some instructions and tips for installing this switch.

I should add that the warranty will only cover parts and not cover any damaged caused by a faulty installation.

So $40 out the door no warranty plus shipping
    or $55 with a 30 day warranty plus shipping

The wire harness on the outside of the box is not included but shown in the pictures below. I will give you the one that goes to the circuit board but the other end will just be wires with no connector.

Here is what the switch looks like with the lid open.
    [​IMG]

Here is is with it closed.
    [​IMG]

Top of the circuit board
    [​IMG]

Bottom of the circuit board
    [​IMG]