1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Custom Stealth Sub Enclosure (Storage Compartment)

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by mailkiko, Jun 26, 2011.

1. mailkiko

mailkiko Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Blessed with 2nd baby on the way...comp system in Prius is steadily losing its place on list of priorities!!! Chasing my 19 month old little girl around splash parks is strangely cooler than my competition system...poor system.

I'd rather sell complete...as it's less work, but i'll make a lot more parting out.

So here's the 1st piece that must go, though all is for sale, as seen in other posts...

Custom one-off stealth sub enclosure, designed to hold one Boston Acoustics SPG-555 sub, and the made to match SPG-GTR (tunable radiator). The Radiator looks exactly like the sub, has 3 different weights you attach adjusted to your frequency preference, and acts as a "PORT" of sorts, as it simply doubles the amount of air that is moved. This allows a sealed enclosure, meaning much smaller volume, and much tighter bass response.

Spare tire is NOT in car with this enclosure, though side storage and battery compartment are not tampered with or blocked in any way.

In the pics, if you look closely, you can see the detail put into making sure the Toyota Engineers cooling fan/vent system wasn't altered, as there's an identical vent that runs through the box top, allowing the hybrid batteries to stay cool, keeping me up into the 50's in MPG, which was my main goal with the system, keeping the prius, a prius...

I'll never get what the box cost to make. An award winning, and multi-front cover of car audio mags...company, researched, designed, and constructed the enclosure. Reps and many people in the industry had never seen something like this attempted, as i did it last year, right after getting a brand new 2010 Prius V.

A local buyer, is "saving" money, and is "going to buy it soon", but i'm not holding out. $1000 is the price to that seller for enclosure, but if someone comes up with cash and a real offer, i'd of course sell, and begin parting out the other components, as they'll be easier to sell than a custom enclosure meant to fit one vehicle...

Feel free to hit me up with any questions, i can take more pics if requested, though i've tried to touch on all the parts of the design...

Can sell enclosure alone, and one could reface the top, placing their own subs in it...or can of course make package deal with subs, amp, etc...

Less than a year old, and 1/2 my drive time has been with daughter in car, meaning, talk radio, or low volumes, of course. Subs are barely broken in, in terms of hours...

[email protected]

Cheers!

Kevin

Attached Files: