1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Customer Interest Response System (CIRS)?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Hytec, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Hytec

Hytec New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Is there a way for me to access the Customer Interest Response System (CIRS)? I'm curious to see if the dealer posted my order three weeks ago. (If this subject was posted in an earlier topic, I apologize. My search couldn't locate it.)
    Thanks, Hank

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It seems unlikely to me that Toyota would make this information available to the public. But you could just ask the dealer if he posted your order.

I ordered mine on November 10, and was told 12 weeks was the usual waiting time. A week later I phoned back and asked if my order had been placed. I was then told that they could not place special orders until the end of the month, leading me to fear that the 12 weeks would not begin counting until 3 weeks after I ordered. In the end I only waited 2 months for my car. I never figured out the discrepancy between my dealer's talk of "special ordering" my car and the fact that Toyota does not accept special orders. The point lost interest for me once I was driving my car.

3. Hytec

Hytec New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks Daniel, I'm sure you're right.
    The dealer led me to believe that I should have one in late November, but with the concern over timely entering of CIRS data expressed in other Topics, I hoped there might be a round-a-bout way of verifying. I'll check with the dealer tomorrow, he might be able (agree?) to pull up the CIRS data base.
    Hank

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    As well as I understand the system, having your name in the CIRS data base will assure that you get letters from Toyota congratulating you on your purchase, thanking you for your patience, and sending you the occasional worthless promotional item. And folks who ordered before the (May ???) price increase got the discount coupon, effectively exempting them from the increases. Otherwise, I don't think it'll make any difference to you whether you are on the list or not, because the cars are allocated to the dealers, not to the customers, so as long as your dealer plays straight with you, you'll get your car at the same time whether or not you're in the database.