1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

customizing settings

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by jbpersmail, Jun 25, 2011.

1. jbpersmail

jbpersmail Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    according to the owner manual, certain settings can be customized by the owner while others have to be done at the dealer.

some examples are:
    key fob 1 press unlocks all doors (instead of the default 2 presses)
    time elapsed before lights turn off set to 7.5 sec (instead of the default 15)

dealer says they charge $120 for this (regardless of how many settings i want to change). is there any way i can do these myself? cheaper?

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    As you pointed out some can be done by the owner, for example the owner's manual tells how to customize the key fob and the lock/unlock functions in chapters 1-2 and 1-3. Some of the others can only be done by the dealer, for example the headlight off timer.

Some can be done by using a ScanGauge, including backup beep to one beep and extra seatbelt beeps off. Here is the ScanGauge thread: http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...discussion/64406-scangaugeii-work-2010-a.html It is a long thread but very useful.

Of course all of the settings can be changed by any Toyota dealer in about 5 min using a laptop and the Tech Stream software. The dealer where you bought your car should do this free. Unfortunately a lot of dealers see this as a way to rip off people who buy new cars from them. $120 for this simple job is way out of line, you should seriously consider finding a different dealer.

1 person likes this.