1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Customizing the SKS pattern

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by onehsancare, Jun 15, 2010.

1. onehsancare

onehsancare Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Twice I've taken NewBlue into the shop and asked to have the SKS reprogrammed so that when I go to the driver's door, all three doors unlock, and twice it's been returned without the change. The first time it was one of three "customizable" changes I'd requested, and I assumed it had just been overlooked. The second time, my husband was kind enough to do the retrieval from the shop after the 10K oil change and the "would you please do the customization we requested in October" job. When the report came saying "Not possible on this model," he thought that the mechanics must know what they're talking about--I must be the delusional one!

So--can someone please tell me what to say to get the pattern changed? I'm thinking that there must be something really specific, like: "Look at your shop manual for 2010 Prius III, page 1,274. See paragraph 6(b)? I'd like you to do Process R-59, as it is described there. Okay?"

Any suggestions?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the gen II has it right in the owners manual. not so the III? have you read it?

3. joeyd08

joeyd08 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I don't know if they use the same system but for my Gen 2 I just purchased it was as simple as holding the lock button and panic button down simultaneously for several seconds until the car beeped. The change in mine went from just the driver's door to all doors with that simple 10 second process. Give it a try

1 person likes this.
  4. Smirv

Smirv AkA: Ryan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    i think you have to hold all three buttons, unlock, lock, and panic. Once is all doors and twice is standard (drivers side only).

5. Dmanpizza

Dmanpizza 2010 IV Solar Roof & Navi

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It is on page 48 of the owner's manual.

1 person likes this.
  6. onehsancare

onehsancare Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hurray!! Thank you! Yes, that's exactly what I needed to do. While cryptic, those are the instructions to accomplish what I was looking for. (Or maybe I'm just really dense--I don't know why I thought that they were instructing me to do the operation from outside the car. It only worked once I sat in the driver's seat with my fob to press the buttons.)

I'm still frustrated that the dealer not only didn't tell me how to do it, but told me it wasn't possible! And I'm frustrated at myself that I got it confused with the customizing on p. 580 that required dealer intervention, so I didn't keep researching in the manual for self-help methods.

It's great to have this site with helpful people willing to take the time to point all the rest of us in the right direction.

Thanks again.