1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cute EV Commercials

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by hill, Jun 11, 2011.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
  2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yuck! Good point, though: Gasoline cars are as disgusting as those gas-powered home appliances. If I ever become Emperor of the World, I think I'll ban gasoline and diesel cars. Yesterday I was driving along in my clean electric car while ahead of me a pickup truck was spewing out thick black filth. Those things should have their exhaust go directly into the cab. Yeah, if I'm ever Emperor of the World, I won't ban them, I'll just require them to run their exhaust into the cab and keep the windows closed so the rest of us don't have to smell their stink.

3. mmcdonal

mmcdonal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ironically, some enviros would have a commercial where when the EV is running along, it has a coal smoke stack sticking out of the top since it may likely be powered by coal. Nice switcheroo with the gas powered appliances.

[​IMG]
    Okay, now we're talking. :rolleyes:

I usually close the car to outside air and draft those big idiots in their 3-ton barn doors. There is lots of good dirty air back there. (By drafting I mean a safe following distance at the average 45 mph or so of my commute, not a nascar bumper hugger.)

4. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Of course the dirtiest coal-fired power plants are cleaner than the cleanest gasoline cars.

And a gasoline car NEEDS gasoline, whereas an EV can be run from PVs on your roof. In my case, my EV is run from hydro. "Water for gas" is a scam, but a dam turns water into electricity. Or more properly it uses falling water to make electricity.

And both hydro and coal are domestic, and therefore don't play havoc with the balance of trade. It's pathetic that the people who most adamantly support the "war on terror" are sending the most money to al Qaeda by buying gasoline for their SUVs and half-ton pickup trucks.

5. mmcdonal

mmcdonal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    On the east coast, it's mostly coal. At least the coal plants are inspected more frequently than cars are.
    After 9/11, there were anti-drug commercials stating that the drug money all went to terr-ists, without distinguuishing the heroine trade from other illegal drugs (Afghanistan). They should have made the same commerciials for SUVs.

6. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Absolutely!

Unfortunately the drug war has more to do with trade than with health: Drugs that Big Business makes (alcohol, tobacco, barbiturates, etc.) are legal, while drugs that are imported (heroine, cocaine, marijuana) or made by private individuals (meth, etc) are illegal. Some of those, IMHO, should be illegal. But the real division between legal and illegal is a business choice, not a health choice.

SUVs are made by Big Business, so even though they wreak havoc on the atmosphere and deplete a limited natural resource and require fuel whose suppliers are the major source of funding for terrorism, we're not going to see any opposition to them except from tree huggers, and people who just hate not being able to see around the car in front of or next to them on the road.