1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cybertruck

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mr.Vanvandenburg, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Mr.Vanvandenburg

Mr.Vanvandenburg Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Circling the small parking lot looking if I was leaving the free charger tonight in my 2020 Prime. I was, but he drove on. Intimidating as all get out, especially just near dark, and the size. Very surprised to see it.
    The Cybertruck looks impressive. I don’t know if I could drive it.

#1 Mr.Vanvandenburg, Dec 28, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2023
    bwilson4web likes this.
  2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I used to instruct the M998 HMMWV for new drivers in our unit.
    The "Humvee" is.....a piece of crap as a civilian vehicle but looked good on camera..

They were 'too everything' too underpowered, too unreliable, too wide, too thirsty, too unmaneuverable.
    I used to make my 'students' try to parallel park them, park and back out of a space in the BX, go through a drive-thru at the base Mickey-D's and THEN we would ford, climb, etc....
    Ours were equipped with the 'fording' kits NOT because somebody jammed 'expeditionary' into our job title, but rather because they came with the vehicles and......being citizen-soldiers in the American South - we bolted them on and used them.

The Cyber Truck has the same vibe, minus being criminally underpowered.
    To quote from the ladies in my life........they're a LOT.
    Despite NOT being air-breathers, they probably do NOT come with a fording kit and their published fording depth places them solidly on the 'urban warfare' end of the truck utility scale.
    I predict it will be much more of a hangar queen than the 3 - although the constant reader will remember that I said that the 3 would be plagued with more teething problems than it apparently has developed.

Automotive survivability relies on supply chains capable of delivering a fantastic variety of discrete components capable of multi decade reliability over many tens of thousands of cycles with exceedingly low failure rates.
    I was skeptical of big T's ability to navigate those rocks and shoals without decades of experience but - nothing succeeds like success.

They're getting it done.

Still I cannot help but thinking that the Cybertruck is.......too much.

However (comma!!) I KNOW I can drive one.
    BTDT.

#2 ETC(SS), Dec 29, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2023