1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dad let's join the Ironman together: OK son!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    A son asked his father, 'Dad, will you take part in a marathon with Me?'.
    The father who, despite having a heart condition, says 'Yes'. They went on to complete the marathon together. Father and son went on to join other marathons, the father always saying 'Yes' to his son's request of going through the race together. One day, the son asked his father, 'Dad, let's join the Ironman together.' To which, his father said 'Yes' too.

For those who don't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride, and ending with a
    26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island.
    Father and son went on to complete the race together.

Now watch this . . .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4B-r8KJhlE]YouTube - Can World's Strongest Dad[/ame]

2. Scummer

Scummer Eh?

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yeah, I've seen that before and it is definitely mind blowing what this dad has done for his kid. Truly amazing.

3. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I like this first hand account from one guy in a local triathlon:

"This one big guy is passing me swimming. What was strange is he had some kind of rope tied to his back. Pretty soon a small raft is passing me with a kid in it! That guy was incredibly good."

This was over twenty years ago. Think about it.