1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Daily Prius Count?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by subarutoo, May 3, 2006.

1. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have a pretty boring commute, 45 miles each way from West San Fernando Valley to Azusa, east of Pasadena, CA. One day I started counting Prius I see along the freeway. There's no way to count them all, but I got 15 my first day, one way. It's usually about that number, but today was 20. I know I have a boring life, but it helps the miles pass. What's the most you've seen, in regular traffic (not a Prius meet)? :huh:

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    ooh. i do not know.

daily, probably 12.

but i'm not in southern cal :)

3. ErikU

ErikU New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have been looking for quite awhile now since shopping for a prius. The other day I was cruising along 75 int. during rush hour and did not see one. I have seen maybe 2 in the last 2 weeks :( BTW this in the dallas area

4. gippah

gippah New Member

A year ago today I would see maybe 2 a week.

Now I see at least 2 a day.

5. altdel

altdel Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 40-mile commute one way, and I typically see about 6 or 7 Prii each way. Also, I see about the same number in our parking lot. This is in SF Bay Area.

6. jmpenn

jmpenn New Member

No more than 1 or 2 a week in northern NJ with a 28 mile commute one way. :(

7. anj48

anj48 New Member

I walk for exercise in the Oakland section of Pittsburgh daily and anally count prius. Saw 5 today, 3 '04-'05 and 2 '06 which is pretty good. Most ever was 7. This count has definately gone up since I got my Prius in July '05. Then I sometimes saw none but usually 1 or 2 - now more like 3 or 4 most days.

8. Amyshubby

Amyshubby 2017 Prius Prime Advanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Here on Long Island (NY) I usually see one or two a day.

Yesterday, while in Brooklyn I was walking down Livingston Street and saw a Prius parked, then another, then another, then another. I looked around and realized I was surrounded by them. At one time I saw about 15 of them parked on the street. More then I had seen in a month.

Then I realized I was walking by the Department of Environmental Conservation, and they were all State cars used by government officials!

9. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I used to see anywhere from 5-30 depending on the length of my drive that particular day. However, now that I have my own Prius, I tend to be so self-absorbed in my mpgs and consumption/energy screens that I only notice Priuses on the road if: 1) I'm stopped at a red light 2) One is in front of, behind, or beside me 3) I'm driving in a parking lot...so now it's like 0-5 per day on average. I see more on the freeway than on surface streets.

10. finally_got_one

finally_got_one New Member

I see only 6 a day during the week down here in Orange County, Calif, but I am probably missing some... B)

11. moomin

moomin New Member

I live in North Santa Monica... home of the Prius.

There are six Prius owners on my street, all within two blocks of mine. We have two red, two blue, and two white (mine being one of the white).

I drive Wilshire to the 405, to Ventura Blvd and back every day. I probably pass or am passed by another six or seven on the way. Often, back on the Westside I find myself in caravans of three or four Prii in a row.

My wife used to yell. "Prius!" whenever we passed one on the road. It got embarassing when she'd yell "Prius! Prius! Prius! Prius! Prius! Prius!" as we passed rows of them parked in metered spaces down by the Santa Monica Promenade.

So, I'd estimate somewhere between 20 and 50 a day, occassionally more, rarely less.

12. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    In February of '05 I was lucky to see one a day. Now it's at least six during my commute. Interestingly I saw three Seaside Pearls today; normally I only see one.

At work, two other people have Prii. One's the boss (Classic) while the other has the license plate "<heart>NHYBRD."

When I first got my Prius, I was the only one at my church. Now there's two more. I want to take a picture as one is Red, one is White and mine is Blue (well, Seaside Pearl).

13. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Here in cleveland, i see two in the parking garage every day, and usually another 2-3 on my way there from home

14. ErikU

ErikU New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amyshubby @ May 3 2006, 03:27 PM) [snapback]249244[/snapback]</div>

LOL! thats funny. Glad to see em taking action!

15. andrewgs

andrewgs I Pity Da Foo!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I work right on a main suburb route and see about ten a day looking out the window. I see passing Gulf States Toyota trucks all the time with one or two new Prius' on them.

16. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I routinely see so many here (Minnesota) that the counting game has changed.

Now the excitement comes from multiple sightings, where I get to see two or more at once!

17. Prizzle

Prizzle New Member

At least 10-15 or more a day on the weekends when I am driving around town. Concord MA is not very big town but it is sort of an epicenter of successful former Cantabridgeans ( Peoples Republic of Cambridge for foreigners) so not surprising there would be a lot of Prii here relatively speaking.

I'm not one of them...

Henry David Thoreau would be proud, however, and probably drive one-but couldn't afford to own it.

18. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I don't drive much. We live in a village, so I walk to the grocery store, walk to the post office, walk to the marina, and my office is in the same building where we live. That keeps the Prius sightings low. There are four Prius in our village, including ours, so it's always one of those that I see. Four doesn't sound like many, but there are only 600 people in the village, and it's the largest town in the county. We see more seagulls than people.

Tom

19. GreenGene

GreenGene New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    In Northern Virginia, in the HOV lanes, each morning and each afternoon .... lots. Plenty of Civic hybrids as well, and just this afternoon, 4 Escape hybrids, 2 Highlander hybrids, and a rare (at least around here) Mariner hybrid. Prius count is probably 6-12 each way ... and sometimes, with Civic hybrids as well, there will be 8-10 hyrids in a row.

20. adpiattny

adpiattny New Member

0 today in hattiesburg, ms about a week ago I saw one in the grocery parking lot.