1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dallas Area Mechanic

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ttayloriii, Jul 24, 2006.

1. ttayloriii

ttayloriii Junior Member

I have a 2006 pkg 4, that I picked up last Friday. First tank showed 47.3 mpg, calculated 52.4. I am waiting to see about the second tank before forming any conclusion about bladders, etc. However, the vanity lights (under the visors) do not work. All other iterior lights work fine. Does anyone know if there is a dedicated fuse for this circuit? I could not find one in the manual. More importantly, does any one know of a good Prius mechanic in the Dallas area? I bought my Prius in Tyler because it was available there for a next day delivery but don't want to have to travel back there for maintenance.

2. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi ttaylor

I, too, "imported" my 2004 Prius purchased in Houston in Oct. 2004. I found a very good source for service at Toyota of Richardson - contact: Mickey Hagar, Asst.Service Manager. He knows the Prius very well. Their Service Department uses my provided oil (3½ qts Mobil-1 5W30 to avoid overfill) and when rotating the tires use my tire pressures (40 front & 38 rear). They just completed the SSC-60C steering column recall and my 20,000 mile routine service.

They have also replaced the center console lid (loose fabric) and other minimal warranty items under the 3 yrs/36,000 mile warranty.

3. tkdorsey

tkdorsey New Member

I think the lights under the vanity only come on when you slide the mirror cover over????

4. ttayloriii

ttayloriii Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tkdorsey @ Jul 24 2006, 11:46 AM) [snapback]291446[/snapback]</div>
    Don't know how I missed that but you are right! They do work!!
    Thanks

5. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    To get the mirror lights to work the visors need to be down, but not to far down if I push mine clear up to the windshield the lights won't work anymore. The mirror covers also need to be almost all the way open.