1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dallas-area repairs

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by natural_tools, Feb 16, 2006.

1. natural_tools

natural_tools New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Long story, but basically I've been into Toyota of Dallas five times and each time they fix something, they break something else. The trouble now is that the dimmer dial doesn't do anything, so I'm stuck in day mode and dash lights at full blast, even when the headlights are on.

Does anyone know of a better dealership in the Dallas area so I can get this fixed without any more hassle?

Thanks for the help.

2. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <_< Howdy natural_tools

Toyota of Richardson - call direct Mickey Hagar. He moved from Sport City Toyota a few months back and is *VERY* Prius knowledgable. His direct #: 972-238-4455. He earned his reputation and was respected by the Dallas Area Prius Meetup Group which (unfortunately) has disbanded.

My last experience in January - 15,000 mile service:
    They used my oil (3½ qts. Mobil-1 5W30), their filter, rotated the tires maintaining my requested pressures (40/38), performed the SSC-50P ECU flash, replaced the brakelight switch recall, and performed the annual State Inspection. My total bill was $80.42. I did not go for the "recommended" service (generic) but specified what I wanted.

The only glitch was they reset my headlights too high in the State Inspection (I was getting flashed by oncoming cars). Rather than take my Prius back, I elected to follow the Manual's instructions and re-set them myself. Not too difficult. The most annoying thing was removing the plastic "Radiator Support Cover." The fasteners appear to be Phillips screws - NOT! You simply turn the Phillips head slightly and lift or pry the connector out. You would need a L-O-N-G Phillips screwdriver (mine has an 8" shaft) and the Manual does not make it clear that the screwdriver shaft need to rest in slots about 3½" at a slight up angle from the adjusting mechanism to get the leverage you need.

Only other thing... I thought that an SSC recall would require the Dealer to provide a substitute car but Mickey told me not on that SSC... no big deal, they drove me home.

If you choose to contact Mickey, do tell him that Charles Suitt sent you due to my experience with him and his well-earned reputation.[attachmentid=2243]

3. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

I'm sorry, I can't help... but I do love that you have bamboo in your cup holder! I might steal your idea. :)

4. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ditto. I'm happier with service at T of Richardson than T of Dallas.