1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Damaged Front Passenger Door Trim..

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by rhk107, Aug 10, 2010.

1. rhk107

rhk107 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Requesting some help from fellow Prius drivers!!

My front passenger door window was broken into a couple weeks back. :mad:
    I went ahead to a body shop and got it replaced.

However the front passenger door trim in the top section where it meets the window is all loose and jenky now. The robbers did some good damage to it and Im left to deal with the bs afterwards. :censored:

I went ahead and looked up as much info as possible in priuschat regarding the interior door trim. It looks like replacing the whole she'bang is upwards of 600 bucks. Yikes!! :(

I noticed that there are 8 door clips in the mid to lower section of the door trim but I didn't see any clips mentioned about the top section of the front door trim where it meets the window. The 8 door clips on my damaged door trim is fine, it is the top section where all the horror is..

Am I at lost here??
    No replacement clips or repair for the top section of the door trim??

My driver's front door trim on the top section is very snug and tight and now my passenger shakes and jingles everytime i drive :eek:.

Before I start taking apart the damaged door trim, I was wondering if there is any hope.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you ahead of time.

2. koolingit

koolingit Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I've never removed a prius door liner but I've removed the liner of a bunch of American cars and one Corolla.

In removing any of these liners, the last thing you do is lift the liner from the bottom to unhook it from the glass area.

When putting the liner back, the first thing you do is hook the liner into the glass area and then proceed to fasten the lower parts. The shape of the liner (hook) will hold it in place.

Of course I'm leaving out details and all the cursing and swearing you have to do to get the job done. Just be patient and don't force anything you can't see.