1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Damaged my rear "bumper" - what is the part called?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by AJP, Mar 9, 2015.

1. AJP

AJP Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Last week I cracked this piece of my Prius but backing into something. I wondered if there's a specific name for the body piece that wraps around the back of the car. I might try to find it online rather than pay what I expect will be the exorbitant price of the dealer. I think I might even be able to snap it on myself, although I'm not entirely sure.

Any help ID'ing the specific part?

Attached Files:

2. Yakoma

Yakoma Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's the rear bumper cover...note that you will have to get it painted because it comes unpainted. That will likely cost more than the bumper cover itself. Are you certain that there is no damage to the parts underneath? You may also need some clips and fasteners if the damage is more than superficial.

See Toyota Dealer Phoenix | Arizona New & Used Cars | Phoenix Toyota Service for good prices on OEM parts.

[​IMG]

AJP likes this.
  3. AJP

AJP Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yakoma, thanks for the info. Super unhappy it will have to be painted. I'm fairly certain there is no damage underneath. Thank you for the info.

4. Yakoma

Yakoma Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You could drive it around unpainted I suppose. Get a front bumper cover as well and maybe it will qualify and a trendy mod. :rolleyes:

5. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    It may be worth checking in the US as in the UK there are specialized companies supplying bumper covers ready painted at very reasonable rates including delivery.

John (Britprius)

6. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I'd check a salvage yard. They are likely to have cars with undamaged rear bumpers from cars totaled for front damage.

valde3 likes this.