1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Damaged the front of my 2005 Prius ... how much do you think it will be to fix?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by TunahEnt, Jan 12, 2019.

1. TunahEnt

TunahEnt New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I got rear ended someone who stopped out of nowhere with no traffic in sight in front of them . No airbags deployed and the car is still drivable . I was going at least 35 mph . Headlight work good as well No damage really done to the other car but mine recieved most of the damage . How much do you think it will be to replace ? I don’t really care for my car looking brand new but I just want the hood to be flattened or wondering if it needs to be replaced ? Anyone wanna give me an estimate ? Should I shop around for parts or take it to a toyota dealer

Attached Files:

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you were to file an insurance claim my guess is the insurance company would total the car and write you a check for its value which I estimate to be $3K. I think you will pay that much or more to a body shop for repairs.

The hood is made of aluminum and likely would have to be replaced.

3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Open the hood and take a look. From the looks of it, the hood and front bumper cover looks like they need replacement. Can't be fixed.

The good thing, your car is black so you won't need to paint it if you don't mind it being off color on the black

4. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Used hood, used bumper cover, maybe headlights (depends on how many mounting tabs broke) The new hood and bumper might not be the same color as yours, but the point is that's only a few hundred bucks worth of parts.

You can probably straighten the radiator support yourself. Might not be too bad. So far the biggest problems are getting the hood to reliably open and stay closed (primary and safety latch must both operate) and getting the headlights pointed true and not bouncing around.

The bad news is that my estimate holds no weight until somebody sees under the hood. Car might be better to total out depending on what we can't see in these pictures.

JC91006 likes this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how many miles on her?