1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DAN HESS IN WICKENBURG AZ.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by DAN HESS, May 19, 2013.

?
  1. FEEDBACK FROM OTHER PRIUS OWNERS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. FEEDBACK FROM PRIUS TOURING OWNERS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DAN HESS

DAN HESS New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    A QUESTION ABOUT STRUTS FOR MY 2008 PRIUS TOURING MODEL.
    IS STRUT REPLACEMENT AT 50K THE EXPECTED NORM?
    WHEN I WAS GETTING WATER PUMP RECALL DONE AT THE DEALER IN PRESCOTT AZ THE SERVICE REP. CHECKED OUT THE CAR AND TOLD ME THAT I NEED NEW FRONT AND REAR STRUTS. ABBEY, OUR PRIUS, HAS ~53,000 EASY MILES ON HER. THE REP SAYS THAT THUS IN NOT USUAL BUT CERTAINLY NOT UNUSUAL. MY OLD CAMRY HAD OVER 150,000 MILES WITH ORIGINAL STRUTS STILL IN GOOD CONDITION. OTHER THAN NEW MICHELINS @ 30,000 MILES ABBEY HAS BEEN TROUBLE FREE. I DO MY OWN OIL CHANGES USING EITHER MOBIL 1 OR CASTROL EDGE.

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I doubt the struts on your Camry were in good condition after 150k. If you were to take them off and compare them to a new set there will be very obvious degradation.

Generally speaking, struts are worn by 60k to 80k. They should be replaced by 100k for sure. This is my safety voice speaking. :)

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to priuschat! if you are not noticing any problems with the ride, i wouldn't bother. but if you are concerned, why not ask what evidence they are seeing that calls for replacement and get a second opinion? all the best!(y)
    (disclaimer, i don't know anything about struts, but i have never replaced them before 100k miles.)

4. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to Prius chat.

Do turn your CAPS LOCK off.