1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dang! Can you believe this crap????

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by patrickindallas, Feb 29, 2008.

1. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was driving home from work this morning,

and....and...and...

I had to BUY GAS!!!!!:shocked:

OK, rant over. I just had to get that off my chest.

I so love my car. Sniff. Sniff.:love:

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yeah, I'm with you.

I had to reduce myself to perform that lowest action just two days ago. Only 13 days between refills; this cold weather is really ticking me off! :mad:

3. diamondlarry

diamondlarry EPA MPG #'s killer

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yeah, me too. I think I have a leak in my tank because it seems like every couple of weeks I have to put more gas in.;):D

4. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    It gets worse! I fill up at 1/2 tank on the meter, and I had to spend $20 last week!

The world will end. It is nigh. ;)

5. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Not me.

I was out to lunch with some coworkers the other day and they were lamenting the latest spike in gas prices. I said, "Well I should be good to go for awhile. I just filled up a month ago." ;)

6. Bobbyb

Bobbyb bobbyb

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Try what i do i fillup at half a tank i have been doing this for years .
    You are still paying the same of course but i feel better.

7. Tango23

Tango23 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yea I have to fill up every 2-3 days.

But then again I drive 160 miles round trip to work :)

T

8. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We had to fill up last night.

Took me a few moments to remember where the gas goes in.... and how do I open that little door?

9. billarb

billarb New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm down to 2 pips on the gauge. That gives me enough gas so I can wait till oil goes below $50 per barrel.

Bill

10. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Good luck with that. Let me know how that works out for you.

11. Jack66

Jack66 Kinda Jovial Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    OK -- that is just hilarious!

12. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I was so empty that I had to bitch and moan to the poor clerk that it cost me $28 to fill up. How is one to feed their family at these prices and I know she is the one to blame, its all her fault.

13. rslitman

rslitman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I sort of feel bad that I will be depriving the gas station down the road from where I work of some income. Actually, I started depriving them of some a few years ago when I started taking public transportation to work most days. But I still have to drive at least once a week for various reasons.

I am one of the most discretionary public transportation riders there is. I work in a building that has acres of free parking. Most of the people who take the train line I use are going in the reverse direction, to Philadelphia, where parking is scarce and extremely expensive, so they have practically no choice but to take the train.

As you can see from a signature I'm playing around with, I work in a certain state which, you may or may not know, still bans self-service gas. Despite this ban, the gas in this state is cheaper than the one in which I live. I try to time my gas purchases for when I have the car at work.

Thursday, I drove to work even though I didn't need to. I still have to walk a half mile or so to work after I get off the train, and it was very chilly out. Still, if I had still been driving my old car, I would have probably taken the train. But with this particular type of new car, and the fact that I just wanted to be in my car again, I ended up driving. I was tempted to stop into that gas station and introduce them to my "new friend". But I think that can wait until the right time.

I plan to drive on both Tuesday and Wednesday of the coming week. I wonder if I'll be ready to fill up by one of those days.

14. paulccullen

paulccullen New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I filled up the tank early last week, and the gauge is still solidly at 10 pips. Plus I've lost six pounds.

OK, so I've been home sick with the flu for a week.:sick:

Feeling better now, I think I'll go for a joy-ride tomorrow...

15. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well, I was tempted to start a thread about this because it got me pretty mad... it's only tangentially related to the topic though:

I went to a Shell station to buy gas. I put the nozzle into the car, swiped my card, hit the "grade" button of choice, and had to pause for a second wondering why the per gallon price looked a little more than I expected: The station mixed up the grades on the pump: usually they're all in order from "regular" to "super duper premium" so I pick the one on the opposite end of premium. These clowns put premium in the middle and "regular" on the left, leaving me to accidentally select the middle grade. I selected the proper grade and started pumping.

I was kinda mad about that, and pretty well convinced that they did it because the know some people will hit the wrong one accidentally and pay extra for "fancy" gas. I had a few seconds to cool off as the tank filled, but before my blood could stop boiling, the pump clicked off and I was ready to hit the "yes, print my frickin' receipt" button when I did a double-take. The screen said "WOULD YOU LIKE A CARWASH, IDIOT?" except with the "idiot" part just implied. I hit "no" and THEN it asked if I wanted a receipt.

I will never go to that station again.

ARGH!

16. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I once decided to go ahead and pay for the car wash, drove around to the back where the car wash was only to see a temporarily out of order sign. I Go inside and clerk says that he can't issue refunds and that I could use the code on the receipt for up to a week. So I go back the following day punch in my code and screen says Sorry your code has expired. Go inside and different clerk tells me that the codes have to be used the same week they are purchased since today is Sunday last weeks codes cannot be used. So I say then give me a new code and they responded with I can't do that, the car wash is actually owned and operated by a different owner then the gas station. Guess where I started buying my gas, Across the Street.

17. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Carefull, if you keep it up, Darell will post any minute now, how his stinking Rav4EV - cost Zero for the electricity from his stinking photo cels. Grrrrrr
    :p

18. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thats insane! Good idea on the Prius!

& what's this Gas stuff? :) I'm lucky if I go once a month!:D

19. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I save money when the gas price goes up. I save even more when the gas price goes down.

20. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I get gas every day,

and I always try to let it out quietly in a crowded place for maximum enjoyment.