1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dang!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Frank Hudon, May 31, 2005.

1. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

had my Prius in the parking lot at work today and a truck and trailer was backing to the lot and just skimmed the front bumper and ripped the licence plate and mount right out of the front bumper. $715 in damage. Guy said get it fixed and he's going to pay. YOU betcha your going to pay. First damage to the car, and after a year and a third you just know it's going to happen sooner or later. First one I've had damaged or I've damaged in about 15 years. Will show him the estimate tomorrow at work, the company is in and out of the yard at least a dozen times a day. If he's not in I'll contact his dispatcher and inform him, either he pays or your insurance pays. Choice up to him. Needs a new skin and paint and install.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ouch. $715 for the front bumper? =S

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:988486ede9]Dang, Frank! I'm so sorry to hear your tale of woe! I know sometimes we have trouble knowing where out front bumper is, it's a shame someone outside the car couldn't tell. Let us know what happens! Good luck![/font:988486ede9]

4. Frank Hudon

actually the skin is $246.90 the rest is paint and re and re. I actually thought it was going to be a lot more and so did the body shop manager. He said 850 and I said a grand but it came out to $715.40 total. Same shop that did the wifes Prius so total trust in the job being done right.

5. Frank Hudon

Thanks Bill.

6. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm... I suppose that's okay. Our Camry's rear bumper will cost $600ish. $230 for the bumper, the rest in paint and labour.

which repair shop do you use? I'm sick of the one we're using now. Their quality of repair is horrible. I wonder if I should use Toyota Collision Service or not

7. Frank Hudon

I use and trust Regency Toyota's body shop on Madison in Burnaby. The work they did on the wifes car was first rate. I wouldn't hesitate for one second in recommending them. If you want more info PM me and I'll send you my ph # and give you more details on their ability

8. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
  9. Frank Hudon

wow that makes my torn bumper skin seem like nothing.

10. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm, cause I know Regency Toyota Lougheed (is that the same one?) has a Toyota Collision Repair Shop.

11. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

$469 for paint and labor? Geez. It only cost me $75 for painting of replacement spoiler.

12. Frank Hudon

that's the body shop to use. They are around the back of the service shop.

13. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Gotcha. I'll tell my dad to go there.

14. Frank Hudon

wife got rearended on the second narrows bridge today so she's going back too. Not a good week for our Prii. Not lots of damage but a possible new bumper skin as well.

15. majordude

majordude Member

$75 US = $469 CAN :oops:

16. Frank Hudon

DanMan32 I don't have the estimate in front of me but paint and prep were about $120 but the rest is replacement of the whole front bumper assy and the time to get it all aligned properly. Big difference than removing 4 6mmx1.25mm bolts and disconnecting one wire harness and painting a spoiler then bolting it back on.

17. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Frank:

This almost sounds like "revenge of the no-minds"

Makes you wonder if they're out to get us?

I do believe the next time I visit my Aunt in PoCo I'll take the rail as far as the commuter transfer, then she can pick me up. I just have to hope I don't get mugged ridding the rail or waiting at the transfer station ...

Jay

18. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ehhhh.... that can't be good Frank. Hope it was just a few scratches and a licence plate dent as opposed to a full rear-ender

19. Frank Hudon

Jay the next time your out here or getting ready to vist the coast PM me and lets get together for a coffee. If your interested in talking with an older person, as you and I seem to have a lot in common.

20. Frank Hudon

nothing severe just mostly cracked paint and the two bolts he had holding on his plate made a perfect imprint in the center section of the rear lower spoiler. Dial a claim all done and she has a claim number already. He wants the option to pay for the damage if it's not too much so as not to affect his insurance rates. When he calls dial a claim he can ask for that option and they will contact him and tell him the cost and what he wants to do.