1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Danny; Can we start a Recall Page...?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RobertO, Jan 27, 2004.

1. RobertO

RobertO New Member

This site will probably get a flood of responses on the recall.

Maybe you can set up a page just to track the number of Priuschat members who got - or know they are going to get (called Toyota) a letter.

I called Toyota and yes, mine's included. I suspect there are few if any exceptions, this early in the production run.

Also, maybe we can get a more detailed technical explanation of the fault Toyota detected, the fix and what we can expect after reprogramming.

You could refer us all to a message headed, "About the Recall" with the "insider" info, and a couple of boex to check; click "Yes" or "No" and keep a running tally of Recall/No Recall vehicles automatically.

Might be easier to manage than 500+ individual messages x replies and discussions.

Bob

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think that's a good idea. And, to expand on it, it might be a good idea to have a seperate area in the files/library section listing the various recalls as they arise.

I love having ideas when I don't have to do the work to implement them!! :mrgreen:

3. glscheil1

glscheil1 New Member

Recalls

I understand this only applies to 3,500 cars. I have phoned my dealer Service Manager but he is not in. Will pass along what he says. :idea: :idea:

4. tag

tag Senior Member

Okay, good ideas and this is off topic (sorry) but:

Bob: Love your avatar!

Evan: Your avatar's completely disappeared (i.e. red x.......what happened?).

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The site that hosts my avatar is down, should be temporary.
    --evan

6. RobertO

RobertO New Member

Meine Die Deutsche avatar

Tag:

Well, if you've ever driven a Mercedes diesel, or if you just like "START" jokes - like me - it seems to work...

Bob

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hey folks - sorry I haven't had much time to respond to anything today, but my power is still out and since we were out of work on Monday and half of Tuesday, today's been crazy at the office.

Hopefully I'll have power back by this weekend and I'll try to find some time to add a lot more functionality to the site, such as a recall page. I've got lots of ideas in my head, but suggestions from you guys are the most valued, since you are the users and the ones who keep this site truckin'.

Danny

8. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Danny,
    Going through the archives (by the way, that's a great way to browse all the threads) I stumbled upon this one.

I have looked but can not find a seperate forum for recalls, updates, and such. I would like to be able to ask my dealer, "has this car received the xxx flash update and the xxx software fix?"

9. m6scott

m6scott Junior Member

I found a recall today for the Prius . It is a seal that would need to Be replaced.. They say water can get into the engine from a car wash .I think it said 13000 2004 effected .I called my toyota and mine was not one of them...

10. LeVautRien

LeVautRien Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The letters for that recall went out maybe 2-3 weeks ago, if I recall correctly, and it was Prius made in early 2004. Several different people had talk about incidents where their Prius would shut down suddenly while driving, and this seal seems to have been the source of the problems.